Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7725 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160Mhz - No Wifi networks found

Donatelllo
Beginner

I have a brand new Gigabyte B650M AX Elite motherboard with the titled wifi controller on board.  It was working fine for about a day or so then out of the blue the wifi will not detect any networks.

I have rebooted routers, updated to the latest drivers (version 22.240.0.6) and done all the usual tricks with the netsh command.  I have uninstalled drivers and reinstalled and tried roll backs. Wifi is on and the 'aeroplane' is not active. Other devices can find the networks on the router but this computers wifi cannot see a thing! I have done network resets and read everything I could find on this issue but to no avail. 

I have also tried setting the computer as a mobile hotspot and even that will not work.

There seems to be a lot of people having this issue and no solutions being provided.

So like the many before me that have had this exact same issue, what do you need me to do for you to assist me in fixing this issue?

Oh below is a bit of data from the event log that shows an error that keeps popping up against the wifi:

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
Date: 30/08/2023 8:58:29 PM
Event ID: 411
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: MyComp
Description:
Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2725&SUBSYS_00248086&REV_1A\6&3d772e0&0&00580011 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem44.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: Netwtw12
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters: vwifibus
Problem: 0x15
Problem Status: 0x0
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}" />
<EventID>411</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-08-30T10:58:29.7681563Z" />
<EventRecordID>723</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="7108" />
<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration</Channel>
<Computer>MyComp</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="DeviceInstanceId">PCI\VEN_8086&amp;DEV_2725&amp;SUBSYS_00248086&amp;REV_1A\6&amp;3d772e0&amp;0&amp;00580011</Data>
<Data Name="DriverName">oem44.inf</Data>
<Data Name="ClassGuid">{4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}</Data>
<Data Name="ServiceName">Netwtw12</Data>
<Data Name="LowerFilters">
</Data>
<Data Name="UpperFilters">vwifibus</Data>
<Data Name="Problem">0x15</Data>
<Data Name="Status">0x0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Fingers crossed that someone finds the magic answer!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Edit (wrong response). 

0 Kudos
Donatelllo
Beginner

Hi Jose.

I believe you have posted your response to the wrong thread.  I am not having an issue with a display device.

Hopefully someone will take an interest with my problem soon.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @Donatelllo

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities and I apologize for the misunderstanding.   

Did you perform a clean Windows installation?

The report from the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows is still needed though. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Donatelllo
Beginner

Hi Jose and thanks for finally getting in touch.

Yes it was a clean install of windows 10.  I have since upgraded to 11 but this was after the problem started.

Please find the report as requested attached.

I eagerly await your response!

***  Edit: I have completely uninstalled cFosSpeed since posting this.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Donatelllo

Thank you for the report.

Are you getting any error in the Device Manager? If you do, please attach a screenshot.

I noticed that the BIOS is not up to date, please download the file from here F8c, once it’s been updated, please load the default BIOS settings. If you need additional help, please contact the system manufacturer.

Also, let’s perform a clean driver installation, download the file from here: 22.240.0.6

a.              Go to Device Manager.

b.              Expand the Network Adapters category.

c.              Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.

d.              Make sure to the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.

e.              Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

f.                Locate the driver you just downloaded and Right-click it, then select the option to Run as administrator.

Finally, please attach a new Intel SSU report.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Donatelllo
Beginner

I followed your instructions to the letter.  Nothing has changed.

Please advise what I should do to continue on your expedition of problem solving!

Your new SSU report is attached.

I eagerly await your response.  Hopefully the mobo warranty does not expire before the solution is found.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Donatelllo

Thank you for following the steps.

We will check the issue internally, as soon as we have any update we will let you know.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Donatelllo

Thank you for waiting.

Based on the troubleshooting performed so far, it does not seem to be a driver issue. Please contact the place of purchase for further investigation.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
drinkcoffee2024
Beginner

I have had this issue four times with an Gigabyte AERO 16 OLED BSF laptop. The wifi would just stop. The Intel wifi chip set was Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 .  I did the dance of rebooting, uninstalling driver, installing update, the driving indicating it had a problem, uninstall driver, try the whole process again in a slightly different order, etc etc etc etc, and each time it worked eventually. However, some months later, the same problem happened again.

Finally, after reading this thread, I worked out what I need to do, and it appears to have resolved the issue:

******** upgrade the BIOS firmware *********.

For theGigabyte AERO 16 OLED BSF laptop, new bios can be found here: https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Laptop/AERO-16-OLED--2023/support#support-dl-bios

NOTE: When doing a BIOS update, make sure your laptop has power reliably on the whole time. 

0 Kudos