Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7457 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz Performance SUCKS

Davidfi01
New Contributor I

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro with 12th gen Intel I7 1260p and intel ax211 wifi/bluetooth.  This is the second AX2xx adapter I have and didn't realize that the laptop cam with it as it is NOT specified on the Samsung product page (it just says wifi).

I had to scrap the AX210 card I had in a desktop and replace it with an AX411 card to get any performance at all in Wifi6 mode.

I can't do that with the ax211 card in the laptop. 

I have a Netgear wax615 wifi router.  Using a Lenovo Yoga 6 with a realtek wifi card I reliably get 1200/1200 speed.  With my Samsung S23+ I reliably get 1gb connections.  With the desktop using a AX411, I get up to 1900/1400 connections.

What needs to be done to get performance out of this wifi card.  It totally sucks and probably should never have been put in the market. 

Using the exact same setup as the 411 (except the dual channel) I connect only as N, not as AX and peak connection speeds are 300/300.

Please advise.

D

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Davidfi01
New Contributor I

So I was able to sort this out.  The netgear ap had several VLANS running on it.  The vlan this device was connecting to had 2.4 ghz turned off  (i.e. only 5 ghz in use) and mandatory wpa3 for security.  It was also locked on channel 149.  I restored the ap to defaults for that vlan (i.e. both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz allowed, set 2.4 ghz to channel 6, and 5 ghz channel to auto.  The channel width for 5ghz was locked at 160.

I am regularly getting 1 gb or better speeds now on ax211.

All is well now.

D

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Davidfi01,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?  

2. Is the Bluetooth working?  

3. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?

4. What is your BIOS version?

5. Is this issue present with both bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz)?

6. Is this issue present with both drivers (Intel and Samsung)?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Davidfi01
New Contributor I

So I was able to sort this out.  The netgear ap had several VLANS running on it.  The vlan this device was connecting to had 2.4 ghz turned off  (i.e. only 5 ghz in use) and mandatory wpa3 for security.  It was also locked on channel 149.  I restored the ap to defaults for that vlan (i.e. both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz allowed, set 2.4 ghz to channel 6, and 5 ghz channel to auto.  The channel width for 5ghz was locked at 160.

I am regularly getting 1 gb or better speeds now on ax211.

All is well now.

D

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Davidfi01, 

Thanks for your confirmation. I am glad to know that you were able to fix the issue by resetting the AP.

I will proceed to close this thread, However, you can open a new one in case you need further support or if you face any issues with our products.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos