Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz driver keeps stopping code 14 until restart

ico31
Beginner

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz driver keeps stopping code 14 until restart.

First let me state it is 100% Intel driver issue. Cause I have 4 laptops with 4 different WiFi providers and no issue at all. I even bough USB WiFi adapter and connected it to my laptop with the intel driver and no issues with the USB WiFi adapter. It is only Intel WiFi.

This Does not happens randomly, this happens always after on of these.

1. Connecting only a "new" USB device. Connecting the device again will not cause Intel WiFi Driver will stop Code 14 and I have to restart.
  2. Rebooting my router. Every time I reboot my router only Intel WiFi Driver will stop Code 14 and I have to restart.
  3. Changing setting in the router, will always cause only Intel WiFi Driver to stop Code 14 and I have to restart.
  4. When internet drops for seconds and back again(I have VPN and it drops the while time), only Intel WiFi Driver will stop Code 14 and I have to restart. (I guess it has to do with the WiFi disconnects and connects again to the router).

Please see the picture Intel Wifi.png

I can add that I have set my wireless to hidden and the router.

This is a very annoying bug, cause I have to close all my open work, restart my computer and start again.

I tested every Intel driver. 22.40.0, 22.50.1.2 and 22.50.10.1 with no help

Any way can you address this bug and fix it please.

I am using Windows 11 latest updates are installed, and it doesn't matter what are my configurations as the USB WiFi adapter doesn't stop code 14 connected to the same laptop, it is only Intel WiFi that stops code 14.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @ico31  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I understand that you are having code 14 errors. I will do my best to assist you here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue: 

1. Is the Intel AX210 the pre-installed wi-fi card in your motherboard or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card)? 
  2. Was it working fine before? 
  3. Please run this utility and attach the report so we can have more information about your system: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @ico31    

I hope you are great. 

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you were able to perform the steps in my previous post.   

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
ico31
Beginner

Hey!

It has nothing to do with my configuration, it is 100% intel driver issue. As no issues using USB WiFi adapter from other brand in the same laptop.

The intel WiFi is the integrated wifi in the laptop.

Any way, I could address the cause of the bug, it is because disconnecting an reconnecting again to the router while using hidden network.

I change my route settings to broadcast the ESSID and no stopping code 14 happened.

So it is only when Intel WiFi tried to reconnect to a hidden network.

I hope you can address this bug in further drivers releases.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
ico31
Beginner

Update:

Today while I was working, the internet (VPN) dropped and the Intel WiFi driver stopped code 14 (the reason when internte drops my router somehow reset the wifi connection, so the intel wifi adapter disconnect and connect again and that is why it stops code 14)

So no, setting the wireless to not hidden didn't fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @ico31  

Thank you for your reply and the information provided. 

I understand your frustration about this issue, however, there is a process to report an issue with the driver and for that, we need more information and perform troubleshooting until we can confirm there is an issue. 

If you wish to continue, please provide an Intel SSU report so we can have more information about your system and check that everything is okay or recommend steps: 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @ico31    

I hope you are great. 

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you were able to check my previous post.   

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
ico31
Beginner

It seems that is a common issue for lots of users, and they all have on common dropping connection. Connceting and desconnecting again seems to be the cause of the problem.

Please look there 2 threads.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-R-Wi-Fi-6E-AX211-160MHz-Netwtw12-error-5001-5010-5006/td-p/1549870

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-R-Wi-Fi-6E-AX211-160MHz-Netwtw12-error-internet-connection/td-p/1495303/page/2

I hope intel take this seriously and fix this bug!

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @ico31  

Thank you for the information provided and we understand your frustration about this issue. 

However, there is a process to report an issue with the driver and for that, we need more information and perform troubleshooting so we can report an issue to the proper team. 

If you wish us to continue, please provide an Intel SSU report so we can have more information about your system and check that everything is okay, recommend steps, or investigate the issue: 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @ico31    

I hope you are doing great. 

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. 

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us back and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.