Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7553 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz extremely slow Wi-Fi connection

TCool123
Beginner

This adapter is barely functioning as I am only getting 10 mb/s down and 2 mb/s up. 

In comparison, my phone gets 180/40 down/up on wifi and I have those same speeds on my PC when using an external A7000 usb wireless adapter. 

I would just use the usb adapter but it has it's own issues with huge lag spikes that I don't experience when using the intel adapter. 

I haven't found any other cases of this adapter performing so poorly online so any help is welcome. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
3Fees
New Contributor I

Hallo:

What make and model of wifi router are you using ?

What wifi generation router are you using ?  wifi 5AC, wifi 6AX or wifi 6 AXE ?

AX211 is a tri-band card 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, and 6Ghz

Personally if I had a Intel AX211 wifi card installed with 600 plus series Intel Chipset I'd get wifi 6AXE router and connect at 6 Ghz with the router set online for AXE, AX, and AC connections. I have not heard of any problems doing this yet many problems trying to use AC or AX routers with this AXE card, some people have not had problems with non AXE routers with this AXE card so I'd surmise some routers can handle it while others don't.

I'm running Intel 201AX a wifi 6 card and was using a high quality wifi 5 AC router and having trouble making good connections--changed to wifi 6 router and connection excellent at 1.2Ghz and 2.4Ghz.

Wifi 6 and Wifi 6E have enhanced protocols that wifi 5 routers don't support and depending on the router wont work nice together, my advise get wifi 6E router and future proof your wifi connections and level the technology playing field so as to speak.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
TCool123
Beginner

A new router did improve my speed from 10 down to 40 down but then I also realized that I needed to connect the Wi-Fi antennas to my mobo. Doing so brought my speeds up from 40 to 170 down and upload speeds as fast as direct connect so problem solved. 

0 Kudos
TCool123
Beginner

Thanks for the advice, I'm currently just using the provided modem/router combo that is wifi 5 AC. I'll pick up a new router and try it today. 

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I
0 Kudos