Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7532 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 7 BE200 not detected by intel DSA

JBlaze
Beginner

hello

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 7 BE200

recently installed , downloaded drivers...working fine

intel dsa does not detect..have to manually install updates

whats going on here

I have removed wifi card and reinstalled.. same thing

adapter works fine

why is it not updated on dsA

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello JBlaze,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

May we know if there were any error messages on the IDSA when you tried to install your wireless adapter driver? If yes, please share a screenshot or a photo of the error message so we can further investigate the issue.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
TerriP
Beginner

I have a number of HP Z2 Mini G5s that IDSA worked fine with the AX211 boards.  When I upgraded to BE200 boards, IDSA no longer could even find the BE200 boards.   When it does a hardware scan, IDSA doesn't even seem to be aware of Wi-fi or BT capabilities

Terri

TerriP_0-1716363251878.png

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
  1. You do understand that iDSA is a maintenance tool and should not be relied on to install all necessary drivers for the first time, right?
  2. You do understand that there are prerequisite packages - including the Chipset Device Software package provided by the motherboard manufacturer - that need to be manually installed before installing iDSA, right? I also recommend preinstalling the package for the Intel Management Engine as well.
  3. You did understand that, when upgrading from one Intel Wireless solution to another, you need to manually uninstall the existing Wireless and Bluetooth driver packages, reboot, and then install the latest driver packages, right?

Just saying,

...S

P.S. References worth reading: Intel Driver & Support Assistant FAQ and Intel Driver & Support Assistant Exclusions.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello JBlaze,

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos