Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel(R) Wifi 6 AX201 stops working and constantly requires network resets

Joey2
Beginner

My laptop has recently experience an issue this past week where the wifi will cut out completely. Windows troubleshooting proposes a network reset and while this usually fixes the issue after a PC restart, wifi usually cuts out again within 10-30 minutes.

Various errors are shown on event viewer for this adapter, and it most commonly says "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly" and "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : A required parameter is missing from the registry." More rare events include "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed" and "5032 - Driver Miniport reset watchdog". I also get a separate error that I am not sure is related "ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal PCI Operation Region (0x4), Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance."

Under device status Error Code 10 and Error Code 43 have occurred separately when the adapter stopped working.

I have tried the following to fix the issue with no luck:

1 - Unchecked "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" from device manager
2 - Reinstalled the adapter by going to device manager, properties on intel(R) wifi6, uninstall device followed by a PC restart
3 - Checking for driver updates both through device manager and through the intel driver & support assistant program

I am wondering if anyone can help point me to any possible solutions this issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

Download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Joey2
Beginner

I also updated my BIOS and that did not help either.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Joey2,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system, or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Joey2
Beginner

Hi,

This adapter came pre-installed on my system and have not changed or installed any adapters when the issue started occurring (I am using a usb network adapter for the time being since my pre-installed adapter does not work).

My OS wasn't updated manually when the issue started occurring and I did not manually update any wireless drivers, but it's possible they were automatically updated.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

I will work on this issue. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Joey2
Beginner

Thanks for the help. Funny how none of my troubleshooting fixed the issue (BIOS update, driver updating and rollbacks, updating to windows 11 etc.) but it suddenly started working again on its own after not working properly for a couple weeks. As far as I am aware no new drivers were released or anything.

I guess I'll make a new post if it ever stops working again and use the application you mentioned, but its been like 3 days now with no problems when before I would have to reset the adapter every 15 minutes.

0 Kudos
hanuz06
Beginner

Hi Steven,

I have the same problem with wifi adapter. Could you help me resolve the problem? I already reinstalled the driver, cleared all possible settings caches via cmd.  I attached Intel scan result for your consideration. Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Regards,

Andrey

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

I am glad to know the Wi-Fi is working fine. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. We appreciate your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos