Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160Mhz Error Code 3

Chase5
Beginner

Good Evening,

I've recently run into a issues where my computer will not allow and wifi to my computer. I currently run my computer off of Ethernet and have been for the past three years since I have built it. Due to having guest at my house I need to have people stay in my office, therefore I needed to move my computer to my room where there is not ethernet. After powering on my PC I wasn't even given the option to connect via wifi. After further review I went into my "Device Manager" tab and saw that there was a error code. I will attach a photo to give a visual representation of what I see. I've also tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting the PC and I still get the same error. I also have tried manually updating that driver as well and I still have the same issue.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello Chase5,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

This error code is present when the operating system detects some problems with the driver. Usually, it indicates that the driver is corrupted, as the error code states. I will suggest you try a clean installation of the latest Intel drive. Follow the steps given below:

• Download and save the driver (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html)

• Disconnect the unit to the internet.

• Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver.

1. Go to Device Manager.

2. Expand the Network Adapters category.

3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.

4. Make sure the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.

5. Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

• Restart your computer.

• Install the driver downloaded before

Locate the driver you downloaded. Right-click the file you downloaded, then select the option to Run as administrator.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Chase5,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos