Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz - Intermittent Default Gateway is Not Available Issue

User1586528755584800

Hello. I've just bought a new HP Pavilion laptop with this: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz. I am getting very frequent drops to the wifi with the troubleshooting issue: The Default Gateway is Not Available

I have tried:

Uninstalling, reinstalling, and updating the driver with the most recent driver as recommended on the intel website

Performed a fresh computer reboot/restart

My anti-virus is Windows Defender, nothing mcafee on the computer

It's just this laptop, no other device at home

I've attached the system scan utility output

I'd be very grateful for a fix as it's obviously not a useable device right now

Thanks

M

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. It looks to me that the drivers you have are not downloaded from HP. Laptop manufacturer sometime customizing drivers to comply with their hardware.
  2. I suggest that you download both the Bluetooth Driver (which is not updated on your laptop) and the WLAN Driver from the HP Download site.
  3. Uninstall the currently installed WiFi Driver and Bluetooth Drivers, reboot your laptop and install the previously downloaded drivers. Start with the Bluetooth Driver and then install the WiFi Driver.

Leon

User1586528755584800

Hello

Thank you Leon for the advice. I have done the above and updated my wifi driver as the HP driver rather than the intel. I attach a new SSU here.

I am still getting this error. With no apparent trigger, the internet fails and the troubleshooter resolves as The Default Gateway is Not Available

I'd be grateful for any further solutions

Many thanks

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I'm don't know why you get this error, however please try to update your Windows first. I can see that some updates failed. Before starting the updates (Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates), please run the Update Troubleshooter (Setting > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows update).
  2. Since I can see that the internet connection speed was better with the latest Intel WiFi Driver , I suggest that your should reinstall it again.
  3. You may try also to change the WiFi channel you are working in Router.
  4. Please read the Intel Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity and Intel Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity

Leon

0 Kudos