Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel (R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz-This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Operation Failed}

Mohit
Beginner

Hi

I purchased new HP Laptop and it was working perfectly till 2 months and since 3rd month there was some windows update on my system and my WIFI got vanished more frequently.

I raised the ticket with HP and they did some BIOS update and it worked again perfectly for 15 days until some new windows update came.

I again raised the ticket with HP and they again updated my BIOS but still I am frequently getting disconnected from WIFI and when I am going to Device manager, I can see error as This device cannot start. (Code 10)  on Intel (R) Wirless-AC 9560 with yellow exclamation mark.

I read some blog and disabled and enabled the Network adapter & it again connected but all of the sudden post 15-20 minutes, It again stopped with same error as code 10.

HP team did my hardware check and they inform it is fine and problem is due to latest windows update.

They suggested me to format the Laptop (i.e Factory reset) but problem is again there will be windows update and this problem will come.

I tried clicking on Update driver for this Network adapter but it said already latest one is installed on my system.

Please suggest what shall I do to fix this problem permanently. I do not want to factory reset my Laptop just because of this issue.

Kindly help.

Regards

Mohit 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Mohit 

This is probably some compatibility problem with HP and Windows update. Similar problem is reported by user @VishwasGajawada  in this thread. 

So, it is not helping you, but at least you know that this is not unique for your  laptop.

Leon

0 Kudos
Mohit
Beginner

@LeonWaksman  Thanks for your response.

Problem is HP already said since there is no Hardware issue so there is nothing they can do.

I can reach to Microsoft as well but I am afraid as they might inform since it is Intel Network Adapter which is incompatible post Windows update so Intel need to provide some updated drivers.

Regarding @VishwasGajawada  issue, It seems he is also facing problem with Bluetooth, Fortunately I am safe till now and facing problem with my WIFI only.

Worst part is now a days in Laptop their is no inbuilt LAN port so I left in middle with no option once my WIFI option goes.

Apparently, These days we all are WFH and hence it makes the thing worst.

Can you please check if Intel can provide some drivers update based on the current windows update, Meanwhile I will raise the ticket with Microsoft as well.

Regards

Mohit

0 Kudos
VishwasGajawada
Beginner

hey @Mohit,

In my case, Bluetooth and Wifi are not a separate issue, Bluetooth is being inactive at the same time when the Wifi is going down. Can u please check if the same is happening with you.

And somehow the problem is solved for me now, I don't know if the problem will come back since it came and went many times, but this is the first time the problem hasn't come back in 5+ hours. What I did was power reset the laptop. Not once, but multiple times. So try doing this(Power reset). @LeonWaksman ,I will close my thread if my problem doesn't appear again in 2-3 days.

0 Kudos
Mohit
Beginner

@VishwasGajawada  I checked it already so for me it is only WIFI adapter which shows problem.

and For me problem pattern is not clear..sometimes I faced this problem after 8 hours..sometimes after 24-48hours..sometimes..within 5-10 minutes..

Already tried power reset..BIOS update..and many other ways..

I believe only solution of this problem is either..Intel provide update of drivers or Microsoft provide some update else this will be a  repetitive problem which can come randomly any time.

Regards

Mohit

0 Kudos
VishwasGajawada
Beginner

@Mohit, yeah, since the problem started due to an update, i hope it gets solved with an update too

0 Kudos
VishwasGajawada
Beginner

Bro @Mohit,

Did u find a solution yet? Because for me the problem is sadly back again after 2 days  .

If you find a solution please post it here.

0 Kudos
Mohit
Beginner

@VishwasGajawada  Unfortunately no response from Microsoft & as expected, HP just trying one of the old approach of system recovery, They never would like to troubleshoot such issues and learn, Just without giving the though asking for format the system so that system will be at Factory settings and everything will work.

They don't think such updates from windows will come again and make the drivers corrupt.

0 Kudos
Mohit
Beginner

@LeonWaksman ,

Any further suggestion from your end please.

Now a days it is really very difficult for me to work because of this wifi problem.

Also, Just noticed, In my system..Driver Version is 21.90.2.1 dated 4/16/2020 but on intel website I can see some version called 21.90.3.2 for AX201/AX200/9560/9260/9462/9461 (Only available in 64-bit version).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29520/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=59485

Not sure if this is the newer version than installed over my system(21.90.2.1).

By the way as per Intel Driver and support Assistant report.. There is no new update and only one was reflecting that was related to Intel Wireless bluetooth so I installed that too.

Regards

Mohit

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Mohit 

1. You may try clean installation of  an WiFi driver:

2. Download the latest WiFi driver package WiFi_21.110.1_Driver64_Win10.zip  Unzip the WiFi_21.110.1_Driver64_Win10.zip on your drive (I'm assuming that you have 64 bit Windows 10. In case that your have other Windows installation, chose the relevant driver).

3. In the Device Manager > Network Adapters click on WiFi adapter and chose Uninstall (check the "Delete this software... option).  Reboot your computer. 

4.  In the Device Manager click on the default WiFi driver and chose Update. Browse to the directory with the unzipped WiFi Driver and continue with installation.

6. Reboot your laptop.

Leon

0 Kudos
Mohit
Beginner

Hi @LeonWaksman ,

Hope you are doing good.

Well, Thanks for the suggestion...atleast I seen some initial success waves but unfortunately later it failed too.

I firstly uninstall the Intel-AC 9560 by going to device manager-->Intel AC 9560-- Uninstall-- > But this driver automatically comes again if i either reboot the system or if i right click on network adapter and do Scan for hardware changes(Without reboot the system).

Anyway post reboot--> I selected that default driver showing Intel AC 9560 and done upgrade by manually selecting the file shared by you.

For 24 hours approx-- Its work perfectly.

But again post 24 hours(No windows update for sure)- It start showing yellow symbol on driver (under device manager) and same error code as 10.

I again did clean uninstall of driver and reboot and tried to upgrade the driver again but no success now.

I were doing some search over HP drivers and noticed one link where they listed one version called 

21.80.2.1 Rev.P with below description:-

Description:

Intel Wireless LAN drivers are required to enable the integrated Intel Wireless LAN adapter in supported computer models that are running a supported Windows 10 operating system.

Fix and enhancements:

- Fixes an issue which causes the wireless LAN to stop functioning and an error symbol (yellow bang) to be displayed in Device Manager.

So its look like earlier also similar issue came and got fixed by updates.

But fortunately currently I am on latest version which HP is providing 

21.90.2.1 Rev.P but no success.. Though I tried installing one suggested by you- 21.110.1, It also worked for 24 hours approx and post that stopped working.

Not really sure whom shall I approach for this problem as I really don't want to format my system which HP support team is suggesting at the moment.

Regards

Mohit

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Mohit 

1. Fot test purpose only you can prepare an image of your drive and reinstall Windows as HP support suggest. Later you may restore your installation back from the save image.

2. An other alternative to check/repair Windows installation is to "Repair Windows with an in place upgrade" It is very easy process and all Windows will be replaced with the latest upgrade, while all your data and programs are preserved. 

Leon

0 Kudos
Mohit
Beginner

@LeonWaksman -- Thanks once again for suggestion.

Seems like my issue is now fixed since I got update from windows- Intel-net- 21.80.2.1, Post these windows update installation, I am not facing any problem.

Its around 7 days I observed & WIFI drivers are not getting disconnected.

Regards

Mohit

0 Kudos
Joeey
Beginner

@Mohit 

Hello, It seems like I have the same problem as yours. Sometimes it occurs after 24 hours, or maybe just around 5-10 minutes.

So Where do I find this "Update from windows- Intel-net- 21.80.2.1"?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Mohit
Beginner

Hi Joeey,

Currently I am using windows Home edition so these updates are the automatic/scheduled updates came, which I installed and not seen any problem till then.

So try to find new updates in your system or try to update  driver from Intel website.

Regards

Mohit

0 Kudos
VishwasGajawada
Beginner

if nothing works, or you want an urgent temporary solution I recommend connecting your mobile device and enable USB tethering

0 Kudos