Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7726 Discussions

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz causes Freeze and forces shutdown

ramzes222
Beginner

I have an Asus ROG Strix G531GV laptop.

Recently I have been facing a major issue with the Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz (the network card in the laptop).

At random moments, the system will start freezing. At first it's 2-3 freezes that are ~5s in length, with a few seconds in between. The last freeze is final and never recovers - I am have to forcefully shut down the system by holding the power button for a few seconds.

These freezes started a week ago and happen 1-2 times a day. Sometimes upon restarting the Wifi and Bluetooth options are missing - they only come back if I shut down the PC, unplug it, and wait a few minutes, then start it again. In device manager they both have Error 10 - could not start.

I have uninstalled the devices, reinstalled drivers, even reset my computer (though kept my personal files and documents, as I dont want to lose those). Currently, the Network card has the driver:

Driver Provider: Intel
Driver Date: 29/08/2022
Driver Version: 22.170.0.3

I have installed the newest version 3 days ago (after the system reset) using the Intel Driver & Support Assistant. None of the above actions helped.

Upon looking in the Event Manager, all these events look almost the same. Here's the summary of the events, starting from the earliest. I've changed the timestamps to start with 00:00:00 for clarity.

Note: All  events with "Source: Netwtw08" also share 

<EventData>

<Data>\Device\NDMP16</Data>
  <Data>Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz</Data>

00:00:00 5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)
     Source: Netwtw08

00:00:00 Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

00:00:01 Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

- 00:00:01 The network interface "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 1 time(s) since it was last initialized.
    Source: NDIS

00:00:01 Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver.

(the above and "determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly." errors repeat several times, at 00:00:01 and several more at 00:00:06)

00:00:13 5032 - Driver Miniport reset watchdog

00:00:13 Miniport Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz, {65ca22d7-8f81-47db-870f-72c2a5b2a0d4}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has detected an internal error
    Source: NDIS

00:00:13 8000 - Miniport Halt flow (driver disable)
    Source: Netwtw08

00:00:13 ACPI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal PCI Operation Region (0x10), Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
    Source: ACPI

(The above repeats 5 times with different values (0x12, 0x14 etc.))

00:00:13 WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped.
Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\IntelIHVRouter08.dll
    Source: WLAN-AutoConfig

All below have Source: Netwtw08

00:00:14 The \Device\NDMP19 service entered the Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz state.

00:00:14 7005 - SAR value max TX power (WRDS)

00:00:14 7006 - SAR Geo delta value (WGDS)

- 00:00:14 7002 - CTDP power limit value (SPLC)

00:00:14 Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver.

- 00:00:19 7010 - driver enabled (miniport init)

00:00:28 7017 - secure boot (SB) configuration

00:00:28 Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

00:00:28Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver.

I am sorry of the event list is a bit... long. I just really need help with this issue, as i am not able to work when the computer can just randomly Freeze, multiple times a day...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello ramzes222,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, could you please confirm if the issue start after any driver/OS update?

As well, please try the following steps:

• Try a cold reboot. This refers to fully shut down the device and remove all sources of power, including batteries if applicable, then repowering.

• If the issue persists, please try a clean installation of both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi drivers. Please install first the drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer (https://www.asus.com/SupportOnly/G531GV/HelpDesk_Download/). If it does not work, please a clean installation with the generic wireless drivers.

Clean installation steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173.html

Wi-Fi generic Intel driver 22.170.0: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

Bluetooth generic Intel driver 22.170.0: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html

Let me know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
ramzes222
Beginner
Hi!

The issues started days after the last update I could find. However, once they started, they occured 1-3 times a day.
I have done numerous driver updates, os updates, and whole laptop wipes after. The issue persisted.

In fact, this morning, I full-wiped my computer (which took about 3 hours), then installed Windows 10 (previosuly I had 11, but I had to see whether that would change things) from a usb Flash Drive (downloaded on another computer)

It behaved perfectly for almost 2 hours, then the exact same thing happened. No software update or Network Driver installation took place in that time.

As for your suggestions, I have performed them numerous times already.
The cold reboot always temporary fixes the issue, but a couple of hours later the same thing occurs.
As for driver updates, these don’t seem to do much either. If the Network card is not working (Code 10) a Driver change never helped - only shutting down the laptop and waiting some time (10-20min usually). If I do it when the Network Card is working, it doesn’t seem to have much effect - the issue happens again, sooner or later…
I have done clean installations of the drivers in question.
0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for all the information provided, as well as the steps performed.

I will further research about this issue. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
BostonDan
Beginner

I have the same problem with Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz 22.160.0.4 on Windows 10 - intermittent hangs of 5-30 seconds. Event Viewer reports various problems with Netwtw08 when this happens. I've ran the System Support Utility and attached it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello ramzes222,

After working on this and based on the steps performed, our best recommendation is to contact the device manufacturer (OEM) as it seems to be related to a hardware issue.

Contact OEM: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html?tab=system-manufacturers

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos