Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7438 Discussions

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 errors 5002, 5005, etc. (part 2)

TonyStark
Beginner

After updating the drivers to version 22.150, the first few days everything worked fine(but used the laptop a little these days).

But after a while, the Wi-Fi adapter started to completely fall out of the system.

And again this happens when using full screen applications like games

ASUS ROG STRIX G731GU

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎17/‎06/‎2022
OS build 19044.1766
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

previous thread

Screenshot 2022-07-17 163343.pngScreenshot 2022-07-17 163806.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello TonyStark,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

As indicated in the original thread, we will keep working on it and this thread will be closed.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
TonyStark
Beginner

It looks like this story has come to an end.
The first part of the thread is here

At first there were simple interruptions in the work of the adapter, but now the adapter has completely lost its functionality.
Now the adapter refuses to work with any versions of the drivers.

Screenshot 2022-07-19 120112 (2).png

I also tried to check the operation of the adapter in ubuntu, the result is the same - it does not work.

I assume that the adapter chip has degraded due to high temperatures inside the laptop. The adapter worked for only 2 years and was not used very intensively.

Probably the Asus marketers did not design the board and the cooling system very well.

photo_2022-07-30_20-39-08.jpg

The image shows that the Wi-Fi adapter is located directly under the m2 ssd drive,  and next to the heat pipe, which I think is not good.

I hope in the future Intel will start producing more heat-resistant adapters (partially sarcasm), and the design of laptop motherboards will become more rational.

For now, I just replaced the failed Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 with an Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200ngw

Untitled.jpg

Also reading the forum, I noticed that similar problems are observed mainly among laptop owners...

I will check how long the new wi-fi adapter will last.

0 Kudos
hexaae
Novice

Interesting. I was considering the MediaTek MT7921K as a replacement from ebay.

I have 5002 and 5005 errors as well on my ASUS GL703GS and AC 9560 but nothing tragic in my case: network still works when it happens. I've also set a notification pop-up when it happens with Task Scheduler and it's totally random, usually after 3-4 days...

My thread: AC 9560 Event Viewer frequent errors - Intel Communities

Other threads about this topic: https://www.intel.it/content/www/it/it/search.html?ws=text#q=5002&sort=relevancy

It was shocking today when I realized it was something reported since 2012 with Intel AC Wireless adapters!

0 Kudos