Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) not working

KPerr
Beginner

Since the most recent Microsoft update, my bluetooth has not been working. In "Devices" and under "Bluetooth", the message says that, "bluetooth is turned off." When I try to turn it on, I get this message

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

I've tried multiple troubleshooting methods, uninstalling and reinstalling, and even downloaded the Intel Driver and Support Assistant Installer and am still having this issue.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello kerstyn,

Thanks for posting.

Please try a clean driver installation of both Bluetooth and wireless drivers in that order:

1. Download and save the latest drivers:
    1. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005559/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Latest Bluetooth and Wireless drivers.
  2. Uninstall the Intel® PROSet/Wireless and Bluetooth Software.
    1. Open Programs and Features (Uninstall a program) from the Control Panel.
    2. Select Uninstall or Change and then Remove.
    3. When prompted, choose to discard settings.
  3. Uninstall your Bluetooth and wireless driver. Windows* with an inbox driver may natively support some wireless adapters. You cannot uninstall an inbox driver. Proceed to the next step if you start seeing the same version of the driver installed automatically after it's uninstalled.
    1. Go to Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Bluetooth category.
    3. Right-click your Intel Bluetooth and choose to uninstall it.
    4. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Follow the same steps for your Intel Wireless adapter found at the Network Adapters category.
  4. Clear out your temporary files.
    1. Press the Windows* key and R key simultaneously to open the run box.
    2. Type in: cleanmgr.exe and press the Enter key or OK.
    3. Place a check mark next to Temporary Files. You can leave everything else checked or unchecked.
    4. Press OK and wait.
  5. Reboot your computer.
  6. Locate the driver you downloaded back in Step 1. Run as administrator and follow the wizard to completion. Make sure you install the Bluetooth drivers first before installing the wireless drivers.
  7. (Optional Step) Apply the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000024678.html Recommended Settings for Wireless Connectivity.

If the issue persists, please provide us with the following file:

1. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Download the latest Intel® SSU.

2. While connected to your WiFi network, run the scan. Select to include "everything."

3. Name and save the report.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
KPerr
Beginner

I followed the posted instructions, and am still having trouble.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kerstyn,

Thanks for your reply. In order to better assist you, we need to gather more details about your system:

1. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Download the latest Intel® SSU.

2. While connected to your WiFi network, run the scan. Select to include "everything."

3. Name and save the report.

Please attach the file to your next reply.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
KPerr
Beginner

Here is the report.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kerstyn,

Thanks for the report. Now that we have your system details, we were able to find the specific driver for your system model hosted by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer).

You can https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-wave-600-a000-desktop-pc-series/12079672/model/13191027 download the driver here under Driver-Network category. The driver revision is 20.20.0.5 Rev.B, please make sure to remove the current driver before installation.

If the issue persists, please https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options restore the system to a point where the Bluetooth device was working properly.

NOTE: Links to third party sites are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kerstyn,

We haven't heard from you in the last few days. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
KPerr
Beginner

What is the best way to upload the utility report?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Simply attach it to a reply. Use the Attach shortcut in the lower right corner of the editor screen to attach the file. If this shortcut is not present, click on the Use Advanced Editor shortcut in the top right corner of the editor screen.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
KPerr
Beginner

There is no place on the intel page to do that. If I try to send it in an email, I receive a delivery failure message - Unless I am completely missing something here.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kerstyn,

As suggested by N.Scott.Pearson, you may attach the report to your next reply here at the communities. However, we already have a previous report.

Please let us know if you had the chance to clean install the Bluetooth* driver provided by the OEM, or try a Windows* restore point to a date when the device was working. If all that was done, we recommend to back up your data and reinstall the operating system.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
KPerr
Beginner

Aha, thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kerstyn,

Thanks for your reply. Please consider the recommendations from our previous message.

We noticed the BIOS version on your system is F.11, and the latest release is F.34. Please update the BIOS, the https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-wave-600-a000-desktop-pc-series/12079672/model/13191027?sku=X6F47AA latest version can be downloaded here.

NOTE: Links to third party sites are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kerstyn,

Did you have the chance to update the BIOS and clean installation of the Bluetooth* drivers provided by your system OEM?

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
KPerr
Beginner

Yes, first I updated the BIOS, then had to uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth drivers. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kerstyn,

Thanks for your reply. It is good to know you were able to solve the issue.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
MOng3
Beginner

Hi, I'm having similar issue with my Bluetooth. It's not appearing on my Action Center, I also cannot turn it on on Settings. Likewise, I did the uninstall of the drivers and the programs and reinstalled the drivers. But when I go back to the Device Manager, the driver for "Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth (R)" is not there though the Intel PRO/Wireless 8265 is there. Can you please help? I've attached the diagnostic logs for you to check. Thank you

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Something to try:

1. Uninstall both the BT and WiFi packages.
  2. Disconnect both wired and wireless networking (may mean temporarily shutting off wireless router) so cannot connect to Windows Update.
  3. Reboot.
  4. Install latest BT package.
  5. Install latest WiFi package.
  6. Reconnect networking.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Godphil
Beginner

Good day please i have been trying to install Bluetooth driver on my laptop and it keeps on saying this "Intel (R) Wireless Bluetooth (R) setup was interrupted. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard". please how do I solve this. attached below is my system scan.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You are responding to a very old conversation. Please use the Post a Question button on this page: https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/bd-p/wireless to open a new conversation regarding your issue.

While you are at it, you will need to provide a lot more information about your system. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. When you start the tool, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post here and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos