My bluetooth has not been working since the recent windows 10 update. In "Devices Manager" and under "Bluetooth", i got the following message;
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
I've tried multiple troubleshooting methods, uninstalling and reinstalling, and downloaded the Intel Driver and Support Assistant Installer, and even reset my laptop twice (by keeping some personal files and by removing everything methods). But here I am still having this issue.
For a better understanding of my issue, please find attached the utility report.
It seems that the major Windows 10 updates screw up the Wireless and Bluetooth practically every time. My recommendation is thus to perform a clean install of the drivers after any major update is installed.
Here is proper process for performing a clean WLAN Install:
- If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30434 and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30515.
- Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
- From Apps & Features, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to step 6.
- Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
- Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled.
- In Device Manager, check Network Adapters for an entry for Intel Wireless-AC 9560. If none, go to Step 9.
- Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless-AC 9560 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
- Go to Step 5.
- (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
- (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
- Install the Bluetooth driver package (rule: always do Bluetooth first).
- Install the Wireless driver package.
- Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
- Enable Internet access.
Hope this helps,