Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel(R) wi-fi 6 AX201 160MGZ Access Point Scan Problem

jspark
Beginner

I used Intel(R) wi-fi 6 AX201 for scanning Access Point by WlanScan() api in wlanapi.dll 

like below

WlanScan(client.clientHandle, info.interfaceGuid, IntPtr.Zero, IntPtr.Zero, IntPtr.Zero);

And I got the WlanNotificationCodeAcm.ScanComplete

then I called WlanGetAvailableNetworkList api in wlanapi.dll

like below

WlanGetAvailableNetworkList(client.clientHandle, info.interfaceGuid, flags, IntPtr.Zero, out availNetListPtr);

But the availableNetworkList were wrong.

Because some of access point change it's mode to station. 

But the WlanGetAvailableNetworkList include SSID that changed from Soft AP to Station.

This phenomenon occur in Intel(R) wi-fi 6 AX201.

When I used netgear usb type WLAN for scanning access point that didn't contain SSID that changed from SoftAP to Station.

And I tried to update driver to 20.60.0.6 but this version also happen too.

Please help me how to solve this problem. I also remove AP network profile but it doesn't help.

WlanDeleteProfile(client.clientHandle, info.interfaceGuid, profileName, IntPtr.Zero);

Does it have any duration keeping the result of scanning?

If that how can I modify this value?? 

Please help me.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello jspark

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us more information of your current setup and the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results:

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
jspark
Beginner

Dear David G.

Thanks for your reply. 

I attached SSU result. 

Sincerely yours.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided. We are currently working on this request, the updates will be posted on the thread.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

@jspark, Windows* 10 LTSB/LTSC editions usually have restrictions that may limit the troubleshooting we can provide. Please share with us the following:

• What happens if you scan other APs networks? Is this happening to any other APs?
  • Besides the networking list, are you able to connect and use your Wifi as expected?
  • Does this happen with a non-LTSB/LTSC Windows 10* version?

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
jspark
Beginner

Dear David

What happens if you scan other APs networks? Is this happening to any other APs?

> All same. Even if AP is off, it is maintanined in the list about 2 minute.

Besides the networking list, are you able to connect and use your Wifi as expected?

> No. It can not connected.

Does this happen with a non-LTSB/LTSC Windows 10* version?

> I'm not sure about it. The test environment cannot be changed.

The netgear AC1200 wifi USB adapter works correctly. When the ap turned off the AP list will be clear immediately in same environment.

0 Kudos
jspark
Beginner

The result of additional test

Does this happen with a non-LTSB/LTSC Windows 10* version?

> The window 10 enterprise version occurred this issue too. So I think it is not window 10 LTSB/LTSC problem.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, you missed the point. It is an issue of age. Did you test with a release of Windows that is no older than 2004 (i.e. the Spring 2020 update)?

...S

0 Kudos
jspark
Beginner

I can't test previous because I'm not home user. I make some equipment that operated by window 10.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Did you check Scott's previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided. We are currently working on this request, the updates will be posted on the thread.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @jspark

Based on symptoms, information, and troubleshooting performed, it is necessary to reseat the wireless card and also check the physical components. Please contact the system manufacturer for guidance and additional troubleshooting steps.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos