Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz code 10

lostjeff
Beginner

Hi there, 

I bought a Wi-Fi card from Amazon, and installed it on my computer. My computer doesn't have Wi-Fi, only an ethernet jack, so I bought a card. Here is the model:

Amazon.com: Cudy WE3000 AX 3000Mbps Wireless WiFi 6 PCIe Card for PC, Bluetooth 5.0, AX200 Module Inside, 2402Mbps+574Mbps WiFi 6 Speed, Bluetooth 5.0/4.2/4.0, 802.11ax/ac/a/b/g/n, Windows 10 64-bit Only: Electronics

I installed it on my computer, and installed the latest driver, located here: Download Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters

But it doesn't work. As you can see in the images, I am getting a code 10. Please help me. Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
lostjeff
Beginner

I am installing this on a rather old computer. In fact, I noticed that I installed this card in a PCIe 2.0 slot. Does anyone think this is the problem?

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello lostjeff,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

According to the link you sent, the wireless adapter you're using is not from Intel*, it may have our chipset however, it is a wireless card from Cudy*. Saying that we do not have the installation instructions or are to confirm if the wireless card will work properly in a third-party system.

Also, the issue might be related to the integration you made. Your PC may not recognize new hardware when you install a Wireless Adapter for several reasons.

• Manufacturer limitations: Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may limit the computer to only specific wireless adapters, causing an installation error when booting with a different, previously installed wireless adapter. We recommend contacting the manufacturer, vendor, or place of purchase about availability and support for Intel Wireless Adapter upgrades. Laptop manufacturers must meet regulatory requirements to determine if you can install the Intel Wireless Adapter in your system.
  • Regulatory issues: We do not recommend installing or upgrading the various Intel Wireless Adapters. Replacing an adapter associated with specific wireless software and a different adapter type may cause connection issues or software error messages. For example, if you replace a Wi-Fi/WiMAX adapter with a Wi-Fi adapter, you may receive WiMAX error messages and lose connectivity to the WiMAX network.
  • Driver limitations: Your computer manufacturer can customize drivers and software to enable or alter features or provide improved operation on your computer. Contact the manufacturer for the latest updates and technical support information.

We have some steps that may help you with Code 10 on the Device Manager:

Please follow the steps of this website: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031150/network-and-io/wireless-networking.html

1. Perform a cold reboot (hold the power button until the system powers off).
  2. Reseat the battery if the unit is a laptop (remove and reinstall). Please refer to your system manufacturer for guidance.
  3. Perform a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers and reboot the computer
  4. The driver we recommend installing is the one provided by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).

**Please, contact the PC or card manufacturer so they can provide you guidance with the installation and troubleshooting steps if necessary.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello lostjeff,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
lostjeff
Beginner

Hi Maria,

Thank you for the recommendations. I decided to return the wireless card because it couldn't' work. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello lostjeff,

Thank you for let us know. It has been a pleasure assisting you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos