Wireless
Issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
Announcements
Bluetooth mouse lag problem on specific systems with 11th Gen Intel processors. See details here.

How to Enable Wi-Fi 6E/ 6GHz Band Using Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+)
5647 Discussions

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 poor range

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I just purchased new computer with Asus PRIME B550M-A (WI-FI) motherboard, which have Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 integrated in it.

I have seen a lot of problems with this component, but have never seen one like i have.

The problem is not in speed, but in range. My router is 5 metres away from my PC, but it only shows 1 bar (or doesnt show at all) and speeds are very low (max 6mbps, but can go as low as 100kbps (other devices in the same range get 320+mbps). If you think it is routers fault, then you are wrong, because this also happens with my phones hotspot (even if i put my phone of top of computer, it doesn't always get full bar connection.........).

I have tried reinstalling windows, tried different drivers, but nothing changed...

Hope someone will help me, because this is first time i can't fix a problem related to computers. This is very weird and inexcusable problem...

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Anonymous,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• Does the issue persist with both bands (2.4GHz and 5.0GHz)?
  • Provide a screenshot of the advanced settings you are using in the device manager. (Device Manager > Network Adapters> Double click the Intel Adapter> Advanced).
  • Provide us with the specific driver versions you tested.
  • Router model

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Have you verified that the antennas are properly connected to the AX200 module?

...S

Maria_R_Intel

Hello Anonymous,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Maria_R_Intel

Hello Anonymous,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.