Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7549 Discussions

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz repeatedly malfunctions

VJBB
Beginner

My Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz driver keeps on malfunctioning, most notably when I'm charging the laptop or sometimes when I am turning on my laptop. But when it's not charging, the driver is working just fine. I tried several steps including disabling and re-enabling the driver, uninstalling and re-installing the driver, resetting the network, and formatting my laptop. But until now, the problem can't just be solved. I am currently using ASUS TUF GAMING F15 FX506LI.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @VJBB

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

I understand you are having issue with your Wi-Fi adapter, I will do my best to help you.

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective on this issue: 

1. Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 the pre-installed wi-fi card in your system or is it an integration (upgrade/ not original card)? 
  2. What is exactly your issue (slow speeds, no wi-fi connection, etc.)?  Please be more specific.
  3. How is the issue connected to charging or turning on the laptop? Please provide more details. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
VJBB
Beginner
  1. The Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 is the pre-installed wi-fi card in my system.
  2. The issue I'm always facing is that the Wi-Fi icon always disappears on my laptop and when I checked my device manager, the wi-fi card doesn't operate normally.
  3. When I always start charging my laptop, a few seconds later the Wi-Fi icon disappears on my laptop. Same goes when turning on my laptop, although this happens rarely than when I charge my laptop. When I finish charging, the Wi-Fi icon appears again and seems to be normally running.
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @VJBB

Thank you for your reply and the information provided. 

In that case, please try these steps and let us know the results: 

1. Go to the search bar and type "Services". 
  2. On the services window, look for "WLAN Auto Config." 
  3. Set the status of the service as "automatic". 
  4. Restart the computer. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
VJBB
Beginner
My WLAN Auto Config was already set to automatic the moment my Wi-fi adapter malfunctioned. What I did was set it to manual and then restart. And then I set it again to automatic and restarted again my laptop. But the problem is still there. It did not work.
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @VJBB  

Thank you for your reply. 

In that case, please attach an Intel SSU report to check your system information and investigate more: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
VJBB
Beginner

Here is the file.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @VJBB  

Thank you for your reply and the report provided. 

Please perform a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers, using the System's Manufacturer's driver (22.130.0.5). If it doesn't work, try this step with the latest Intel wireless driver (22.250.1). Check out the notes below: 

Note #1: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation. Also, make sure to do this step disconnected from the internet (wi-fi or wired connection) since Microsoft updates drivers automatically and prevents doing the clean installation successfully. 

Note #2: Since this is a laptop, we recommend checking with your System Manufacturer and using the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Wireless Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the wireless driver software or software packaging. 

Note #3: In case you had to use the Intel driver, please find the instructions on how to install the driver in the download link below the "Detailed Description" section. 

Please let us know the results.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
VJBB
Beginner

Good day. I followed the steps you provided and took note of the steps before installing the driver. But I am sorry to inform you that it did not work as expected.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @VJBB  

Thank you for your reply. 

In that case, let me do some research on this. As soon as I have updates, I will let you know. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @VJBB  

Thank you for your time. 

After checking your report, everything related to this issue is up to date and we have done all the troubleshooting possible, so we recommend you contact your System Manufacturer for further assistance. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @VJBB    

I hope you are doing great. 

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. 

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us back and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos