Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7652 Discussions

Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211 bluetooth pairing error

Nicolfo
Beginner

I recently bought a new Asus ZenBook with an Intel AX211, Intel Ultra 7 155h and Windows 11. Everything works perfectly except for pairing my Bluetooth mouse. The issue persists even when I boot into Ubuntu 24.04, so I suspect it's not a driver problem. The error that shows is generic like "An error occured, try to pair again"

The mouse in question is a Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB, which requires Bluetooth 4.0 according to the documentation.

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

• Verified that all my drivers are up to date using both the Intel Driver & Support Assistant and Asus proprietary software.
  • Applied all the Windows' latest updates
  • Tested other Bluetooth devices (like AirPods and an Android phone), and they work without any issues.
  • Tried pairing the mouse with other PCs, and it works fine there.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Nicolfo, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system, 

For further isolation, does the Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB still do not pair when using Windows? Are you able to pair other devices with the Asus ZenBook as well? When you go in to the device manager, are you seeing any yellow bang present? Please also share with us your SSU logs so we can be more familiar with your system. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Nicolfo
Beginner

The other day, I reviewed the report from the Intel Driver & Support Assistant and noticed that the only driver customized by ASUS was the GPU driver.

The mouse doesn't work on either Windows or Ubuntu, but it pairs and functions perfectly with other PCs and smartphones. The Device Manager shows no errors, and other devices successfully pair via Bluetooth on both Windows and Ubuntu.

I've attached the SSU results for further analysis.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Nicolfo 

Thank you for providing the details. We kindly request some time to thoroughly analyze the information you've shared. I assure you, we will follow up with you at the earliest opportunity. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Bavmorda
Beginner

I would like to report that I have the exact same problem as the OP.

Bought Dell Latitude laptop with Intel ax211 chip and I cannot connect my Corsair Harpoon RGB BT mouse. Mouse works fine on other LT and I can connect a different BT mouse (Microsoft) to the LT absolutely fine. But I can't get Corsair and Intel AX211 to work together. Would be nice if you guys manage to find a solution. 

Regards

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Bavmorda

Thank you for posting in the communities. Seeing that you are experiencing the same problem, I kindly request that you create a new thread for your case. This will allow us to focus on your specific problem and provide you with better assistance. 

As for Nicolo, thank you for patiently waiting, upon reviewing the logs, I noticed that you are using a generic driver. Since this is a OEM device, kindly please try updating your driver to the following versions and check if the issue still persists: 

After doing so, please follow this steps as well:

1. If the Bluetooth mouse has a USB receiver, try plugging the USB dongle into a different USB port, as most computers have more than 1 USB port, or try another USB device to ensure the USB port works.
  2. Make sure that the batteries are new and correctly inserted and that the mouse and keyboard are switched on.
  3. Remove and reinsert the receiver.
  4. If you still have connection issues, restart your computer.

You may also visit this article for reference: Bluetooth Mouse Doesn't Work

Let us know of the results. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Bavmorda
Beginner

Hi RamyerM,

Posting here again, since I don't see the point of opening threads for the sake of opening threads if we both have the same problem and it will be easier for the other guys to follow and find the solution.

After spending few hours today I can confirm that the problem is Intel AX211 chip. 

Nothing to do with USB ports, batteries and all of this. Mouse works absolutely fine on any other hardware.

I have tried all sorts of things including the latest Intel drivers 23.60, they also don't work.

I did not try under Linux so not sure what the problem might be there.

@Nicolo at the end I managed to get Corsair Haproon Mouse to connect over BT doing this:

Uninstall the BT and Wi-Fi drivers under Device Manager. Make sure they are removed and both devices are not listed under Device Manager. Uninstall any Intel Wireless BT software under Control panel. Reboot. DL this intel drivers.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/757473/intel-wireless-bluetooth-driver-for-windows-10-64-bit-and-windows-11-for-intel-nuc-kits-mini-pcs.html

version is 22.230.0.2. After you install the drivers make sure it is the right version. Took me few uninstalls to remove all the previous drivers that I was playing with.  

Connect the mouse. In my case worked straight away, as with all the other hardware that I have. 

Dell Latitude 9430 2in1. Good luck and I hope you will come right. 

Bavmorda_0-1720281291131.pngBavmorda_1-1720281350982.png

Now to fix my **bleep**ty Wi-Fi 5Ghz connection. I'm literally a meter from my router and I barely have a signal. If I disable the 5Ghz on the Intel AX211 card and connect using only 2.4Ghz I get full signal but slow connection. And again the problem is the Intel card. Everything else in the household works brilliantly and I can pick up my Wi-Fi signal 30m away from the router. TP-Link AX 5400. 

You really messed it up with this card guys.  And unfortunately the problem still remains with the latest 23.60.0 drivers. Installed them as IT administrator hoping that removing Intel software and installing only the *.inf might fix the problem, but still the same. As soon as a/b/g is enabled for the card and there is barely any signal over 5Ghz. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Nicolfo, 

I am just checking in if you were able to follow our previous post. Feel free to let us know if you encounter any issues so we can help you. 

As for Bavmorda, we investigate each concern on a case-by-case basis. Creating a new thread will allow us to provide you with tailored support and give more visibility to the issue at hand. This will also prevent you from overtaking Nicolfo's thread.

We kindly ask you to create a new thread so we can assist you more effectively.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos