Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7652 Discussions

Where the wifi firmware was placed in windows

MaXiaojie
Novice

Hi:

I am analyzing the differences of the intel wifi6 network card between two pc. I want to know  where the intel wifi firmware was placed in windows. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello MaXiaojie, 

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please provide the two models of the Wi-Fi network card that you are trying to compare so I may be able to provide you with an appropriate answer.

And also, when you say "where the Intel Wi-Fi firmware was placed in Windows," do you mean in which settings of Windows you can check it? And what Windows version are you using? Was it Windows 11, 10, etc.?

We look forward to your response and thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MaXiaojie
Novice

Hi,

Thank you very much.

The wireless network cards of both PCs are AX211 and we are using Windows 11. 

I can see different firmware version by using the command of"netsh wlan show wirelesscapabilities", so i decided to exchange the firmware to determine whether it was a difference caused by different firmware.  So i need to know where the firmware was placed in windows 11.

Thanks

ACarmona_Intel

Hello MaXiaojie, 

Thank you so much for the quick response.

I will raise the case with our engineers so they can provide us with appropriate steps or recommendations on where you can check the firmware of the AX211 in Windows 11.

By the way, I will get back to you as soon as I have our engineers response.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello MaXiaojie, 

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

We would like to know if you are asking specifically about the driver version. Additionally, we would like to clarify the reason why you performed the firmware exchange. Is it to address an issue that may have arisen due to a variation in firmware versions?

By the way, in case you wanted to know the driver version, you may check out our article: Identify Your Intel® Wireless Adapter and Wi-Fi Driver Version.

We will be waiting for your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
MaXiaojie
Novice

Hi Carmona A

I am sorry for reply too late.

There is an hotspot function in windows 10 and windows 11. We notice that one pc can't set up the hotspot in 5G band when the wlan connect to the access point which in 5.2G channels, but another pc can set up. 

They are all in CN country code. 

I don't know what factors caused the difference.  I can only try exchange the firmware to exclude it.

Thanks

ACarmona_Intel

Hello MaXiaojie, 

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello MaXiaojie, 

Thank you so much for the response, and no worries; we understand.

I will raise the case again with our engineers, and this time, I think it is positive that we can already provide you with a recommendation.

By the way, thank you so much again for your patience. I will get back to you as soon as I have their response.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello MaXiaojie, 

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response, and I apologize if our investigation might have taken longer.

Based on our research, 5 GHz is not prohibited in your country. For your reference, you may check out this link: 

However, since the other PC can be set up, we will still further investigate the issue.

In regards to that, please provide the following information:

• When is it happening? First time setting up a hotspot for the Windows OS?
  • Any wireless connection issue if both AX211 laptops directly connect to Access Point 5GHz with the same latest driver version?

We will be waiting for your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
MaXiaojie
Novice

Hi Carmona A,

• When is it happening? First time setting up a hotspot for the Windows OS

When the pc connect to the ap with channel 36 or 40 or 44 or 48,then set up the hotspot with band 5g parameter.  It always set up fail. I can be produced with windows 10 and windows 11. 

And when the pc connect to the ap with channel 149, then the hotspot can be set up with band 5g parameter successfully.

• Any wireless connection issue if both AX211 laptops directly connect to Access Point 5GHz with the same latest driver version?

I use the latest wireless driver version 23.60.1.2, the issue still can be produced.

Thanks

ACarmona_Intel

Hello MaXiaojie, 

Thank you so much for the quick response.

I will now raise the case again with our engineers for further investigation, and then I'll get back to you as soon as I have their response.

By the way, thank you so much for all the information that you have shared; it is truly helpful in further isolating the issue.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos