Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7726 Discussions

Intel Wi-fi 6 AX201 160mhz unstable/no internet connection over 5Ghz

CKR
Beginner

Issue started on Oct 12, 2022 at approximately 0700pm PST.  seems to be a similar issue where users were unable to connect using their iphone hotspot channel 149 under 5Ghz. but with my case it is android. i have various cellphones from various manufacturers from samsung and oneplus.  all cannot connect with 5Ghz channel 149 on this adapter.  other devices can connect to my android hotspot 5Ghz channel 149 with no problems.  the adapter was working perfectly last night october 11, 2022 until i powered down the laptop at 1000pm PST and powered it on at 0700pm Oct 12, 2022.

the adapter has the most recent driver installed; version 22.170.0.3 

the adapter is pre-installed.

i have tried changing the channel width in the adapter's properties to 20 MHz only.  this will allow a very unstable connection.  

the 2.4 Ghz is unaffected.  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CKR
Beginner

i just attempted to connect to my friend's android hotspot 5Ghz.  the wifi 6 ax201 adapter does not allow the internet connection.

my provider is t-mobile and my friend's is at&t.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello CKR,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+).   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Does this issue happens with the drivers from your laptop manufacturer?

2. Is your BIOS up to date?

3. What is the brand and model name of your laptop?

4. Do you see any errors in the device manager or from Windows when you try to connect your phone?

Also, bear in mind that this issue is happening with all your phones, different providers, and all the other devices that can connect to your phone this may be related to your laptop. I recommend you check with your laptop manufacturer since they may need to run some tests on their device.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello CKR,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos