Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7654 Discussions

Intel WiFi 6 AX200 160MHz continuously disconnects and cannot reconnect to home network

TheBurntWaffle
Beginner

I have an Intel WiFi 6 AX200 160MHz wifi adapter from my Asus ROG B550i motherboard. The wifi adapter is built into the motherboard.

The wifi connector continuously loses connection at random and is unable to reconnect to the network. Windows prompts me to enter my Wi-Fi password when trying to reconnect and displays the message "Some information changed since the last time you connected. We need additional information to complete the connection."  After entering my wifi password I get the same error message again. 

The driver is completely up to date and I haven't made any hardware changes recently. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @TheBurntWaffle

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

I am sorry to hear that you have problems with Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+), and I’ll be more than happy to help you.

Was the adapter working before?

·      Was it working before?

·      Is the Bluetooth working properly?

·      Have you tried connecting to other networks to see if it makes a difference?

Please download our latest driver from here: Windows® 10 and Windows 11* Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters

Then, let’s remove the current driver from the Device Manager:

a.              Go to Device Manager.

b.              Expand the Network Adapters category.

c.              Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.

d.              Make sure to the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.

e.              Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

After that, Locate the driver you downloaded. Right-click the file and select the option to Run as administrator.

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello TheBurntWaffle

We hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Jose B.   

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello TheBurntWaffle

We hope you are having a nice day. 

We have not heard back from you. So, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards. 

Jose B.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos