Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Intel WiFi6 AX201 160Mhz L3 Issues with RADIUS Authentication

mbardello
Beginner

We have several Dell Latitude 3520's, more are coming, with an Intel AX201 wireless adapter in them, that are experiencing connectivity issues. These issues take place whether the connection is an 802.11ac or 802.11ax based. The problem occurs when our uses authenticate using 802.1x to gain access to our network. When first connecting our users will authenticate successfully and have access to the network but, when the reauthenticate interval expires L3 connectivity gets dropped. The user will authenticate successfully but L3 connectivity stops. To clear this up we have to either disconnect/reconnect to the WiFi or wait for the next reauthentication interval to expire and L3 connectivity will return.

We are an Aruba shop and at locations where this issue currently exists we are running Aruba IAP-305s and IAP-535s. We have worked with Aruba to rule out an issue with their WAPs via packet captures and debugs. When the issue occurs we can see the Aruba WAPs sending the icmp packets back to the laptop but the laptop does not see them.

What we tried so far without any change:

What has worked so far:

• When we use a PSK for the SSID there are no issues.

Laptop(s) details:

Dell Latitude 3520

NIC - AX201

WIN10 - 20H2 - build 19042.1288

I've attached an Intel scan to this posting.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JonAre
Novice

Hello again

The driver I recived yesterday resolves the problem with Wi-FI 6 AX cards in HP notebooks. After loosing IP and 5-8 times a day, there has been no problems since yesterday.

Next question, we also expirience problems with "Wireless-AC 8265" cards. Does the provided driver also adresse these issues ?

View solution in original post

99 Replies
wifinut
Beginner

Hello Josue,

We have the same issue on our Dell Latitude 5520s. Can you please share the driver?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jesus_Pavon
Beginner

@Josue can I receive also a copy of this driver?

Additionally, how can I enter in the beta tester group for new wireless drivers?

Kind regards.

Jesus

0 Kudos
compughter
Novice

Is there a later driver for this issue?...from the Intel site the only one that gets downloaded is dated as follows

Driver : Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz
Vendor : Intel Corporation
Provider : Intel
Date : 11/30/2021
Version : 22.100.1.1

We have tried it and no luck with issue.

JPavonM
New Contributor I

I'm testing the new 22.110 driver moderators shared with me in some laptops, and the issue still happening on a Cisco WLAN infrastructure. When the user is roaming from one AP to another, connection is lost (L3 but not L1-L2) and the user needs to manually reconnect or wait for a new re-auth period.

Regards.

Jesus

0 Kudos
GeertRe
Beginner

Are you sure that you are using the new drivers? I had to revert to older drivers before I could install the new 22.110.0.2 drivers.

We are using Cisco as well and so far so good.

0 Kudos
Sroy77
Beginner

@JPavonM , how did you get the 22.110 version? We experience the same problem and would like to try this same version. Are you able to send it to me or ask your Intel contact to do it for me? Thanks for your response. 

0 Kudos
DavidO_Intel

Hello All,

Just to clarify some of your questions, the current driver that includes the fix should be version 22.110.X. This version should be avialable through your OEMs. The generic version of the driver that Intel posts will be avialable via donwloadcenter.intel.com next week.

I would recommend you to check first with your OEM and also install the OEM version of the driver. Our generic drivers also will include the fix.

Most of the customers have reported the issue has been fixed by testing with this version of the driver so for those that have been experiencing a different issue I would recommend to create a new support ticket so this could be evaluated. 

Thank you all that have confirmed the fix using the driver provided .

thank you

David O.

FixItFelix
Novice

Also experiencing this issue on Dell Latitude 5420 with Intel Wi-fi 6 Ax201. Seems to have started happening in the last week or so. Latest driver on Dell site is 22.100.3 so now we are trying the driver on Intel's site 22.100.1 to see if issue has been resolved: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

Can you please send me the driver that solves this if that one is not the answer? @DavidO_Intel ?

0 Kudos
compughter
Novice

Good day sir

What is the date on the driver  that fixes the issue?

I don't see drivers posted at the OEM Dell site for PCs i.e Precision 3541 and 3551. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Thank you for participating in the thread, the driver has been sent to those who have requested it, please check your inbox. 

Remember that the version that includes the fix is 22.110.X, this version should be available through your OEMs. The generic version will be posted next week on our download enter. 

Best regards,  

Josue O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
compughter
Novice

Please send to me sir- I fixed an issue with my email address with the support team . It was wrong.

0 Kudos
FixItFelix
Novice

Can you please send it to me? Nvm there's apparently an inbox at the very top and then one on the top right

0 Kudos
opexa1999
Beginner

Can someone send me driver version 22.110.X... I am having issues with Radius aunthentication with this Intel Wifi AX201....

0 Kudos
DavidO_Intel

Hello All,

The new generic version of driver 22.110.1.1 for the WiFi6 and WiFi 6E Wireless adapters is now fully available here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

This version includes the fix for the original issue reported on this community.

Intel strongly recommends to use the customized OEM driver version for your system.

Thank you for your patience.

David O.

Jesus_Pavon
Beginner

@DavidO_Intel I'm still suffering the L3 roaming issue in some laptops with AX201 wNIC when using 802.1X-PEAP.

The laptops receive APIPA Address when roaming from one Cisco AP to another.

I've tested with generic drivers from Intel and with Lenovo drivers, using versions 22.40, 22.100 and 22.110 (both RC and final releases) and the issue is still there. Now testing with generic 22.30 to see if it happens.

Attached SSU results.

0 Kudos
MinaSabry
Beginner

I have the same issue with the same WiFi card but my case with Lenovo thinkPad E15

I downloaded the driver but I steal face the same issue 

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Jesus_Pavon,

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, please create a new thread explaining the situation. This will allow us to provide personalized support for your issue. 

Best regards, 

Josue O. 

0 Kudos
Jaap_Heijmenberg

I also have this problem with my Surface laptop 3 and hp probook. Both have the AX201 chip with latest intel driver provided by Microsoft (22.110.1.1).

I found out that if I set '802.1n/ac/ax wireless mode'  to '3. 802.11ac' in the driver properties. Then I can connect to radius Wi-Fi.

Without this setting-change I cant connect or even get a request to supply credentials on my laptops.

I use a Ubiquiti wifi6 pro access point with the latest firmware. Also I use a Windows server2022 with radius.

Please release a fix for this problem!

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
DavidO_Intel

Hello @Jaap_Heijmenberg 

thank you for sharing this level of details. As this seems to be a different issue I would recommend to open a ticket with our support team for additional troubleshooting.

Please attach the System Event and WLAN-AutoConfig logs.  Also if you could please provide an Over The Air trace would be great.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello!

Thank you for all the reports, in this case, we need a volunteer to get some logs and try to find a solution for the issue. Please let us know if anyone is able to help us. 

Best regards,  

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Josue O.  

0 Kudos