Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel Wifi AX200 not working properly

Nune
Beginner

Hello.

I recently bought a Gigabyte Aorus 5KB laptot, and its been working flawlessly. Since yesterday, I can't play Steam games. Dota 2 literally disconnects the wifi in main menu. If I join a game by pure luck my ping is insane, and it disconnects again.

This morning there was a steam client update and it seemed to work again. This afternoon it went off. Doesn't work. 

I tried everything I can think of. Updated drivers, deleted and reinstalled drivers, changed wifi to 802ac... Run a cmd ping -t and it shows a time out everytime I run dota2.

I run speedtest and its giving me almost 400mb which is good. Wifi works on everything else. Can use youtube and other streaming services, can surf the web. I can feel it isn't as smooth as with wired conection but its not bad.

Now I thought it was a Steam related issue or router issue. Thankfully I have an old wifi dongle which I tried and voilá. It's giving me 30mb on speedtest but Steam and Dota2 works flawlessly. Which makes me think the problem is in the wifi card/drivers. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc

0 Kudos
Nune
Beginner

Hello.

Here's the SSU.

Also, I installed another game from my Steam library and it doesn't work as well. I installed Intel drivers and speedtest gave me 500mb instead of 400mb but Steam is still dead. 

Again, with the dongle wifi it works. 

I also opened a Steam support ticket. See what they say on their end.

Edit: so I run a ping -t to dota 2 servers. IP addres is "request timed out". If I ping to lux.valve.net, it does ping back BUT whenever I do anything in game it goes "request timed out". I have it in windowed and game running, go back to command window or chrome and it starts pinging again.

It seems whenever there is a steam game running, ping goes over 9000.

I tried disabling firewall. Tried putting 802.11ac. Opened DMZ. Turned of QoS on router.

Ping statistics for 146.66.152.2:
Packets: Sent = 113, Received = 110, Lost = 3 (2% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 36ms, Maximum = 3389ms, Average = 367ms

Everytime I navigate any game menus ping goes like that. If its too much it times out.

Now pings with the dongle on.

Ping statistics for 146.66.152.2:
Packets: Sent = 304, Received = 304, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 34ms, Maximum = 213ms, Average = 37ms

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Nune, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the problem with the Steam games still persists and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Nune
Beginner

I rolled back the wifi card drivers and latest windows updates and that made the job. For now.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Nune, Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the issue with the Wireless connection got fixed and now it is working properly. We always recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them work with your specific platform.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos