Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working

MNguy21
Novice

I just bought an Intel NUC and had it running and working for a couple of days. Yesterday, I was streaming music to my bluetooth speakers and then it stopped. I checked device manager and bluetooth is not showing error code 43. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers from the intel website but the issue remains. I am currently running windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. attached is the DXDIAG

0 Kudos
170 Replies
idata
Employee

same here, Intel nuc D54250WYK with ac7260hmw, code 43 for bluetooth.

what is the status of the bug? are developers aware or working on a fix?

Please update this thread.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

just installing the new driver does not fix the problem. I had to run the following steps in order to get bluetooth working:

1) install latest bios 25

2) uninstall existing Intel bluetooth drivers (goto Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs to uninstall)

3) reboot computer

4) Install latest bluetooth drivers from this thread.

^ Following the above, I now have working bluetooth. I restarted the PC again to see if the fix sticks, and on reboot still had Bluetooth with no Code 43

I'll keep monitoring and will update this thread if I experience any new issues.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

not fixed.

code 43

and now with the new bluetooth drivers, i'm experiencing hard crashes. on system reboot, the bluetooth code 43's. attached is a dump file. please get back to me on what's happening to my system, i need to know if i have to return this adapter to Amazon soon.

0 Kudos
PCree
Novice

Hi,

After flashing my BIOS to 0025, bluetooth wasn't detected. I had to unplug it only once. i'm using my NUC since 3 days and bluetooth operates as it is used to be. I hope this trick (unplugging only once for a while) helps you. Afterwards no unplugging is necessary... Good luck!

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

For the ones still having the issue after installing the latest version I suggest running the Windows* driver update wizard from Device Manager, I believe the option "Search automatically…" should load the proper driver.

Candeez, the minidump file refers to the Intel® HD Graphics driver. You may want to uninstall it and check if there is a new version.

0 Kudos
LMoss
Novice

Joe, the update driver advice did nothing to help me on Win 7 x64. It just says my driver is up to date.

0 Kudos
KCaud
Beginner

Sorry for the delay in your question Joe, I did not see either of your requested errors in the log.

I also haven't seen any improvement in the performance of the card (still unable to get a 5GHz connection) and I've again lost my Bluetooth connections.

Surely this has something to do with Windows 8.1 as this seems to be the common thread. I've just given up this weekend and bought another product that should be here tomorrow.

Sorry and thanks for the attempt.

K

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

So, there is still no change with latest BIOS and drivers for some of you. I will report the results back.

I appreciate your patience.

0 Kudos
LMoss
Novice

I am using Win7x64 on a NUC 2820 with 7260N:

I just observer the same thing as PCM. Installing a new driver seems to put the card in a bad state. A hard power cycle (pull the plug) seems to fix it.

I have for the first time successfully paired and used my mouse across a restart.

Lets see how long it runs ....

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please confirm if the power cycle helps the rest of you.

0 Kudos
CJoha
Beginner

I did the same. Pulled the plug, restarted and then it seems to lose the code 43 and then connect again. Has been working for half a day now.

0 Kudos
AG9
Beginner

I've tried to power off my laptop completely, took the batter out and still no success.

Still Code43

Edit: Ok, I'm taking that back. After power recycle, switching the device off and then back on in the Device Manager helped. Bluetooth responded and for now it is working.

0 Kudos
MGend
Beginner

I have noticed this issue, which I have a resolution that has worked on a few NUCs and other devices with constant success:

1. Install the latest driver
  2. Go to Device Manager
  3. Right click bluetooth device "Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 + HS Adapter"
  4. Click "Disable"
  5. Go to "Run" (Windows+R)
  6. Type services.msc
  7. Double click the "Bluetooth Support Service"
  8. Set "Startup Type" to "Automatic (Delayed Start)"
  9. Click "OK"
  10. Right click the "Bluetooth Support Service"
  11. Click "Start"
  12. Go to Device Manager
  13. Right click bluetooth device "Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 + HS Adapter"
  14. Click "Enable"

The process should then begin to load all the other drivers. Code 43 issues of this type have existed for quite a while. Process above should be the same, just replace the driver I have with the one that relates to your device.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
glee20
Novice

replace another new card, Bluetooth are normal. some of the early 7260ac cards are flawed!

0 Kudos
MGend
Beginner

I doubt that they were flawed, but there is a definite problem with the driver being installed.

I have installed many of the 7260 many models (not just AC) and the driver is common between them all and the same issue occurs in all models.

I personally have used them in NUCs, my Dell Latitude, ASUS Taichi and a few Toshiba and Lenovo laptops. Same issue if they are Windows 8/8.1, mainly 64 bit OS as I also noticed it in Ubuntu 64bit.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

MGendyS, do you continue experiencing this issue in spite of completing the power cycle as suggested in previous page?

0 Kudos
CJoha
Beginner

I got it working by cutting the power and reconnecting. But after a few days usage I do have dropouts on both bluetooth and wifi now and then, like every hour or so. The bluetooth is usually reconnecting very fast (a few seconds) but the wifi loses connection and reconnects slower. Looking forward to a driver that might manage to work better. Same issues, anyone?

0 Kudos
JLory1
Beginner

i just upgraded to a 7260 from the 2200 that came from lenovo (removed the u410 whitelist). first time it booted up with BT operational. then when i upgraded the drivers to v17 i started getting an unrecognizable usb device error 43 and BT was not operational.

what fixed this was disabling BT in the BIOS, rebooting, then re-enabling in the BIOS and then came back up without the errors. give it a try and let me know how it goes for your system.

0 Kudos
NTry
Beginner

NUC D54250WYKH

BIOS 026

Intel 7260HMW 802.11AC

Driver 17.04

Windows 8.1

Same problems, Bluetooth just disappears at random, pulling the plug then disable/enable makes it work again, then dies again after some random period of time. As an aside, I'm also getting horrible Wi-Fi speeds, like 1/3 of a laptop sitting on the same desk.

Your drivers stink.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I have branched this discussion into a new thread. For Bluetooth* connectivity issues (devices losing connection) please follow up in this link: /thread/52121 https://communities.intel.com/thread/52121

Otherwise, code 43 issues will remain here.

0 Kudos
KAbra4
Beginner

Joe,

This issue has been out for 6 months now and it happens with the Intel NUC and a Intel card. Surely your engineers can reproduce this? This is what one expects from shoddy firms not a reputable firm like Intel. Would you kindly provide some direction?

0 Kudos