Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working

MNguy21
Novice

I just bought an Intel NUC and had it running and working for a couple of days. Yesterday, I was streaming music to my bluetooth speakers and then it stopped. I checked device manager and bluetooth is not showing error code 43. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers from the intel website but the issue remains. I am currently running windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. attached is the DXDIAG

0 Kudos
170 Replies
idata
Employee

I'm both happy and sad I found this thread. I'm having a Intel NUC NUC5i7RYH running Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 RTM. My NUC has the newer Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265. I just bought Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse with Bluetooth and I've had problems, big problems, connecting them because they don't show up in the list of available Bluetooth devices. First I thought the problem were related to Windows 10, BIOS or the drivers and I even reinstalled Windows but the same problem occured.

• BIOS version RYBDWi35.86A.0348.2015.0703.1124, 2015-07-03 (newest). I had 0249 before and the same problem with that version.
  • Intel Bluetooth driver for Windows 10 x64, version 17.1.1504.05G (newest). But in the Device manager-->Bluetooth I only have Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) which I found odd. I then checked on my Dell XPS 13 with Intel 6235 and as expected there were more devices under Bluetooth.

In this thread I read about removing the power cord from the NUC to resolve the problem and even if it worked for a few I couldn't imagine it would do the trick. So I turned off my NUC, removed the power cord, put the power cord back in and started the computer. Now there were more devices in Device manager-->Bluetooth and the computer could "see" my Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse and also my Harman Kardon SoundSticks III Wireless and I also could pair all of them.

Now I thought everything was OK but after about 5 minutes the keyboard och mouse suddenly stopped working. If I check connected Bluetooth devices they seem to be paired. I then unpaired them and set the devices in "pair mode" but Windows/NUC cannot detect the keyboard and mouse.

So, Intel, how do you want to proceed with this?

jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello SWEiNSANE,

The issue you are experiencing is a little different than the original condition reported in this thread, however, we have received reports of different situations after the system is upgraded to Windows 10*.

Please try using the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25172/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-Technology-for-Windows-10-64-bit-WP- Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology for Windows® 10 64-bit (WP), version 17.1.1529.1613 as it may help in this case.

For more information, you can check the following thread:

idata
Employee

Hi Jonathan,

I tried the Intel PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth you linked and I installed it even if it said that it was for 7260 and not 7265 that I have in my NUC5i7RYH. After reboot I could see both Designer keyboard and mouse but I can't pair them, I get an error message like "Something went wrong". When I close the error message my phone, mouse and keyboard dissapears from the list and even if I set my devices in "pair mode" Windows can't detect them.

I've also checked the other link regarding Driver Update and I installed the driver in the following link but that didn't either work, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25170/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10 Intel® Download Center

0 Kudos