Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7664 Discussions

Intel Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz cannot start (Error code 10)

Kellow1
Beginner

Hi,
Earlier today my integrated wifi card on my Asus Tuf gaming x570-plus Wifi has suddenly given out. It is a Intel Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz. It has been repeatedly displaying error code 10. I have followed the following instructions and have had no progress:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031150/wireless/wireless-software.html

I have uninstalled and rebooted the computer and the drivers multiple times, tried intel drivers, asus drivers, older drivers and the most recent. All have failed with an error code of 10. I've even tried dskchk /r in the command prompt and even resetting windows, and still this error remains.

Please help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hello, Kellow1.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

Did you encounter error code 10 in Device Manager? Issues in Device Manager concerning Bluetooth or Wireless (Wi-Fi) devices can arise from various causes. Typically, a Code 10/43 error is temporary and occurs when the Device Manager cannot initiate the hardware device. However, this error generally signifies a generic issue without specifying the exact problem. Given that you've tried multiple driver versions, including Intel and Asus drivers, and even performed a disk check and Windows reset, it's clear you've been thorough. Were there any recent updates or changes to your operating system that might coincide with when the issue started?

I understand you're using a laptop. Please note that since your device (Asus Tuf gaming x570-plus) is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) product, our support may be limited because we may not be familiar with all the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has implemented in your system. However, I will do my utmost to help you with your issue.

Moreover, I'd like to delve deeper and verify specifics like the Operating system, precise driver versions, and any system errors. Utilizing the Intel SSU tool will enable us to collect detailed information about your system setup, which could aid in identifying the underlying cause of this issue.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Kellow1
Beginner

Thank you for your assistance, after moving the desktop to a new location to plug into an ethernet port to try to do any form of online diagnostic test the issue had seemingly resolved itself. My only guess is that the Asus motherboard bios or something had undergone an update and had not finished downloading all the required drivers before installing causing the wifi card to fail to start, and connecting it to the internet allowed it to automatically finish? this is just speculation at this point. I had run the SSU while this error was occurring in anticipation of this thread so it is attached here in case anyone else has this specific issue again, or just to try to diagnose the actual problem behind all of this, otherwise I guess its resolved

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello, Kellow1.

Thank you for the update and for sharing your troubleshooting process. I see that connecting your desktop to an ethernet port in a new location resolved the issue, possibly allowing necessary drivers to finish downloading and installing properly. Your speculation about the BIOS update and driver installation timing could be a plausible explanation. I appreciate you running the SSU and attaching it here for reference. This will be helpful for others who might encounter a similar issue in the future. If you have any further questions or if the issue reoccurs, please don't hesitate to reach out. Otherwise, I'm glad to hear that the problem seems to be resolved now. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello, Kellow1.

The problem has been resolved by connecting to the Ethernet port, and I appreciate your detailed troubleshooting efforts. This information will be valuable for others who might face a similar issue in the future.

For further assistance, it would be beneficial to consult your hardware OEM. Here is the link we'd like to share: Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos