Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC 9560 160 Mhz DOES NOT WORK

Maurizio_Ricco
Beginner

Good to all, in August 2020 I bought an OMEN by HP 15-dh0025nl (1800 euro) that is equipped with an Intel 9750 microprocessor and the nerd Intel Wireless AC 9560 160 Mhz. After 15 days in September I turn on the PC and I no longer see any Wi-Fi network. Control panel - device management and I see the classic yellow triangle icon on the Intel Wireless AC 9560 160 Mhz card. Uninstall the driver, reinstall, tweak and start working again. Time 5 days and same problem. Beginning of October I bring back the computer in service to the Mediaworld store: I take it back to the beginning of November: they had changed the Intel Wireless AC 9560 160 Mhz module. Time 15 days same problem: I turn on the laptop and no wi-fi network appears, Control panel - device management yellow triangle icon on the Intel Wireless AC 9560 160 Mhz card. In the last 20 days it happened 3 times, I uninstall the drivers and re-download the drivers from Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and it works again. I can't find any systematicity. Due to covid and distance learning, I cannot bring the PC back to the store at the moment. Is anyone aware of this problem with Intel Wireless AC 9560 160 Mhz ?? I have really enough of this laptop which cost me 1800 euros. Next step I will sue Mediaworld store if they don't replace my pc. Thanks in advance for any suggestions and above all happy new year to all

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Maurizio_Ricco

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Code 10 errors in Device Manager for Bluetooth or Wireless (Wi-Fi) Devices could be related to many different reasons. Usually, a Code 10 error is a temporary error, generated when Device Manager can't start the hardware device; however, this error is considered a generic message indicating an unspecified problem.

In order to discard software or driver issues please follow these steps in order to try to solve the problem:

1- Perform a cold reboot (hold the power button until the system powers off).

2- For laptops, reseat the battery if possible (remove and reinstall). Please refer to your system manufacturer for guidance.

3- Perform a Clean Installation of Wireless and Bluetooth Drivers and reboot the computer. We recommend you install the drivers customized for your specific system model and provided by your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM, HP*). You can download the driver from the following link, please make sure you select your specific system model to download the proper driver. Also, please download and save the driver installers before uninstalling the driver for a clean install process.

If you still get the error after re-installing those drivers, then try the Intel Generic drivers for Bluetooth and Wireless adapters:

4- Try a hard shut down, wait for a couple of minutes and turn on the computer.

5- Load BIOS defaults. Please refer to your system manufacturer or User's Manual for guidance for settings/updates before trying this step.

If the issue persists, the recommendation is to check this further with the laptop manufacturer HP* (OEM) to debug from their site and provide additional recommendations, for instance, your system might need a BIOS update; and also to check if the issue could be related to an operating system or hardware issue. HP Customer Support*

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
Maurizio_Ricco
Beginner

Hello Andrew, thank you very much for the suggestions posted. As soon as I have a moment of free time, I will follow your instructions step by step and then write how it went. Thanks again and good luck

0 Kudos
StefanoBordoni
New Contributor I

... well I am facing different problems with the same wifi device, and my actual workaround is to use the W10 root drivers.

To try them, you have to go to the Device Manager, select the device, and uninstall and remove the drivers until you reach the root ones (v21.10.2.2).

If/when the OS will try to update them automatically, revert to the previous version (always using the Device Manager).

Maybe it will work also in your case...

Good Luck

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Maurizio_Ricco

Thank you for your response. Sure no problem, feel free to post back once you have an update with details about the outcome of those steps.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Maurizio_Ricco

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to try the previously recommended suggestions. Please feel free to post details about the outcome of the steps.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Maurizio_Ricco

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now.

If the issue persists after trying the previous suggestions, our recommendation is to check this further with your computer manufacturer for further assistance.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Maurizio_Ricco
Beginner

Hi Andrew, i'm sorry I haven't answered you these months, but I've been very busy. The Intel Wireless AC 9560 160 Mhz adapter continues to cause problems. It seems to have found a certain systematicity: if I let go of the exhaustion of the battery while I am working, suddenly turning off the laptop, when I turn on again I do not see any wireless network. Last time a few days ago, for the first time I didn't have all the USB ports, and usually going to devices manager c was the usual yellow triangle on the Intel Wireless AC 9560 160 Mhz card. Then I uninstall all the drivers of the board, including the blootooth ones, and through Intel drivers support https://www.intel.it/content/www/it/it/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html I reinstall the drivers all over again. That seems to be the solution at the moment. I didn't follow all the steps you recommended to the full, at least I didn't update bios.Every time the malfunction happens I only install drivers. At the moment all of us teachers are engaged in remote learning, and I can't take my laptop to care, because I need it. i'm posting the latest error messages released by the hp test-diagnosis i launch every time, It seems there are Interrupt problems

0 Kudos