Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC-9560 160Mhz continuous errors/dropping connection

April
Beginner

I purchased this computer, a GF65 Thin 95D in early March. I had no problem with my wireless connection until mid-May, and I have tried numerous fixes I found online but none work for more than a day. At least once a day, and sometimes three times a day, my internet & bluetooth stop working, and under device manager the Intel AC-9560 has the error symbol. To fix it temporarily, I have to uninstall/search for hardware changes + hard restart, or go into BIOS and restore default settings. The latter doesn't work as well.

Other fixes that have failed include updating my driver (I have the latest update, and I can't restore to a previous version because this was the first version that was installed on my computer), not allowing my computer to turn off the adapter for power-saving, and changing the channel width in the advanced properties section from auto to 20 Mhz only.

No other device on the wifi being used has this problem. I haven't been able to test it (nor will I be able to) on other devices because I don't have access to other places like work. 

Could this be a hardware issue? If so, what options do I have to fix it?

I appreciate any help someone may provide, and I can answer any more questions to help shed light on this case!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello April

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please answer the following questions?

1- When you see the "error symbol" in Device Manager, is there any specific error code or message? For instance, in Device Manager right-click on the Wireless adapter, click on "Properties" and then click on the "General" tab and check under "Device status".

2- When the issue started in "mid-May", was there any hardware change or any Windows/Software update or any other relevant change?

3- Is this issue happening at home, office environment, or both?

4- Is the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you install it on the laptop?

5- Router/Access point brand and model:

6- We understand that you are experiencing this issue with both Wireless and Bluetooth connection. Could you please provide more details regarding the behavior with the Bluetooth?

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

2- Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" dialog below the edit box.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
April
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your quick reply! I'll put my answers in enumerated form. I've also attached the support scan file.

1. The specific error message is usually code 10. I think once or twice it was a different one (but I can't remember which), but generally code 10 error.

2. There was no hardware change. On May 13, I had 2 windows updates: KB4556799 and KB4552931. But I think the first time I had an error message was May 20. I briefly looked at the summary of these updates and I think they're more security related, but I'm not totally sure.

3. I haven't been able to try my computer on an environment other than home, and I won't be able to unfortunately. But no other devices on the home environment have this problem.

4. It's the original adapter installed on my computer.

5. It's a Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri Brand Router, model R8000.

6. The only bluetooth I use is my headphones, so whenever my wireless stops working and I can no longer access the internet, my headphones also disconnect from my computer and can't be reconnected. This problem is fixed whenever I do one of the quick fixes I mentioned in the original post.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello April

Thank you for your response.

Regarding your response for point number #1, and also in regards to your question on your first post ("Could this be a hardware issue?"), I would like to mention that Software issues don’t always cause a code 10 error. The non-functioning can be attributed to hardware failure too.

In order to discard software or driver issues, please try the following steps as described in the link for Code 10 in Device Manager for Bluetooth or Wireless device, we noticed you try one of the steps (hard shut down) but you can try the other steps in the link, including a Clean Installation of Wireless and Bluetooth Drivers:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031150/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Also, regarding the Clean Installation of Drivers, since you already run the Intel® generic drivers, we recommend you testing with the drivers from MSI*: Intel Wireless LAN Driver version 21.30.3.2* and Intel Bluetooth Driver 21.30.0.5*.

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GF65-Thin-9SD#down-driver&Win10%2064

Additionally, to avoid Windows® update reinstalling a different driver during the process, we recommend first downloading and saving the driver installers in your computer, then disconnect the Internet, and after that to proceed following the Clean install steps.

If the issue persists, the recommendation is to check this further with the laptop manufacturer MSI* (OEM) to debug from their site and provide additional recommendations, for instance, your system might need a BIOS update since we noticed the laptop is running BIOS 105 from 2019 and there seem to be newer versions from 2020, and also to check if the issue could be related to an operating system or hardware issue.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello April

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to check and try the steps recommended in our previous post. In case the issue persisted after trying the recommendations, were you able to contact your OEM?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
April
Beginner

I haven't contacted them yet. A clean re-install didn't work, so I'm going to try an install using the MSI driver that you linked. If that doesn't work, I'll try to get in contact with them. Thanks for all your guidance!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello April

Thank you for your response.

Please feel free to share any outcome or feedback in case you try the MSI* driver to see if it helps to solve the issue.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello April

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to try the clean install of the MSI* driver. Did it help to solve the issue? Please feel free to share details of the outcome.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello April

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If the issue persists, our final recommendation is to check this further with the laptop manufacturer MSI* (OEM) to perform additional debugging from their site and to discard hardware issues.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. It was a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
PanPan
Beginner

I have the same problem on my laptop MSI GF63 thin 9RCX after update window or driver

But i have try to reinstall the driver again but still have problem

today, my fried suggest me to close the Bluetooth function  since they are on the same chipset that he has happen on before 

i have shut down the Bluetooth function and found the problem already solved about 99%

i have play AOE thought stream and so ping test

result

AOE no disconnect 

ping test have 4 lost @ ping about 1700 times

you can try the shut down the Bluetooth and try again

hope intel can solve the problem a.s.a.p. since i need to buy a new wireless mouse to replace my Bluetooth mouse

@April @AndrewG_Intel 

0 Kudos
gg8
Beginner

i having the same problem

0 Kudos