Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Wireless-AC 9560 - This device cannot start. (Code 10) - The requested op... unsuccessful

haematocrit
Novice

Hi. As the title says, something is wrong with my Wi-Fi adapter. I have done a clean install last month, but that was meant for repairing files in WinSXS. My Wi-Fi adapter was working fine. 

After reinstallation, I stopped using Wi-Fi and started using an ethernet cable. I switched off WiFi through Windows Settings and never turned it on, until 2 weeks ago when I needed to used Miracast on my TV. It took 3 times to switch back on successfully and Miracast worked well. 

Today, I wanted to use Miracast again, and switching WiFi back on was a disaster. My system froze and Device Manager kept refreshing until it shows the Wi-Fi adapter again with an exclamation mark. 

This Wi-Fi card was preinstalled by Lenovo, and this laptop is about 8 months old. If this is a hardware issue, I can get on-site repair from Lenovo for free, but I need some input from the community before making a move. 

Here is the report generated by the SSU. Take a look. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello haematocrit

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding error code 10 in Device Manager, there are some steps we can try to see if the problem is solved. Please check the below recommendations:

1. Perform a cold reboot (hold the power button until the system powers off).

2. For laptops, reseat the battery if possible (remove and reinstall). Please refer to your system manufacturer for guidance.

3. Perform a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers and reboot the computer. We recommend you install the wireless driver customized for your specific system model and provided by Lenovo. You can download the driver from the following link*:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-l-series-laptop/l340-15irh-gaming/81lk/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Networking%3A%20Wireless%20LAN

Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers steps:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173.html

As a second option, you may repeat the Clean install steps using the Intel® generic driver Version: 21.120.0: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29815/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters

4. Try a hard shut down, wait for a couple of minutes and turn on the computer.

5. Load BIOS defaults. Please refer to your system manufacturer for guidance for settings/updates before trying this step.

If the issue persists, we recommend checking with the Lenovo™ since you can get on-site repair from Lenovo for free, so they can provide additional suggestions and even discard the possibility of a hardware problem.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Note:

If you need assistance with Miracast*, our recommendation is to contact Microsoft for support. For more details, please refer to this link >> Using Miracast* with Windows 8.1* and Windows® 10: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023230/emerging-technologies.html

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello haematocrit

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to try the recommendations provided or if you were able to get assistance from Lenovo support.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

haematocrit
Novice

Hi Andrew,

My apologies for the late reply. The problem still persists. Reseting BIOS can sometimes help, but the wireless adapter will stop working eventually. I have contacted Lenovo, and they have decided to provide on-site replacement of the adapter after going through a remote desktop session. I have switched it off completely in the BIOS menu because it is also causing frequent system interrupts and system latencies. 

The adapter is faulty and I am the unlucky one. I love Intel's Wi-Fi adapters and. Thanks again for your help. 

Regards, 
Adam

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello haematocrit

Thank you for your response.

We understand that the issue persists but we are glad to know you were able to get assistance from the computer manufacturer and it is good to know they will assist you with a replacement.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now but if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos