Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC 9560 - This device cannot start. (Code 10)

DVass3
Beginner

Hello!

I just purchased this adapter a few days ago. I installed it on my ASRock H370M Pro 4 motherboard running an i9-9900K processor. The BIOS is up to date.

The bluetooth works perfectly, but the wifi portion will NOT start. The Code 10 generic error is what I received.

I have uninstalled the device and deleted the drivers(multiple times). I've ran disk cleanup and cleaned everything(and also ran ccleaner just to be thorough). I then reinstalled the 20.120.0.4 driver from your website, but the problem persists. I used the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

I have also reset my BIOS.

Please see the attached SSU file and advise.

Thanks,

Darren

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello DVass3, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. This situation that you mention is actually an integration of a wireless adapter and this means that you are adding a wireless adapter without first talking to your motherboard manufacturer. There are certain facts that must be taken into consideration before adding a wireless adapter, starting with actually getting one that is meant to be sold by us. You can find more information in the link below: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Make sure to get in contact with your motherboard manufacturer for further assistance with this. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DVass3
Beginner

DavidV_Intel,

This is an exact copy/paste from their website, regarding the type of socket on my motherboard :

- 1 x M.2 Socket (Key E), supports type 2230 WiFi/BT module and Intel® CNVi (Integrated WiFi/BT)

Per your advice, I will contact ASRock's support department right now to acquire a list of adapters that are certified to work with this motherboard.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello DVass3, Thank you for your response. I did research about the motherboard, thank you for keeping me posted. Let me know the outcome and if you need more help from Intel's side. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos