Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Wireless-AC 9560 code 10 error

rashmiqil57
Beginner

Hey guys, Since I updated my PC (HP Pavillion) on Saturday (Win 10 v2004), the WiFi and Bluetooth have “disappeared” from the settings. When I go to the device manager > Network adapters > Intel Wireless-AC 9560 it says - “ The device can not restart (code 10) {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful. “ I have tried resetting the BIOS to default values, I also have tried resetting the PC, after resetting the PC the WiFi worked fine for a day but after that it gave me the same error. I’d appreciate any help, suggestions that would help me solve the problem. Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @rashmiqil57

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Is the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you install/integrate it on the computer?

2- Just to make sure we understand correctly, this issue started after installing the major update for Windows® 2004. Is this correct? Please provide details:

3- We understood that resetting the PC solved this issue for 1 day and then the issue came back. Were also Windows® updates before the issue re-appeared?

4- After resetting the PC, did you check that there were no other Windows® updates pending? (even minor updates?

5- Since you mentioned the Wireless and Bluetooth "disappeared from the settings", do you mean they disappeared from Windows® Network Settings or Windows® notification area (e.g. where it is the button to select and join to Wireless networks)?

6- Have you tried a different router or Access point for testing purposes? Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem? Please provide details.

7- Have you tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?

8- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Note: I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile. Please reply to the email in order to provide us with the Intel® SSU report to avoid exposing sensitive information in the communities.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello rashmiqil57

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello rashmiqil57

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now.

If the issue persisted, our recommendation is to check this further with your computer manufacturer (OEM) for additional support. Here is the link to HP* Support.

Since you mentioned the issue started after updating Windows*, another option is to check this with Microsoft* Support.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos