I have just installed Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 20.30.0 on my PC Asus Zenbook UX510UW-FI074T with Windows 10 Fall creators update.
And that driver disabled bluetooth, the device disappeared in the device manager. It is hidden in fact...
Restoring the previous driver, restoring the system change nothing ! The device stays hidden in the device manager and bluetooth disabled !
Intel bluetooth service works normally (automatic start). Can somebody help me to fix the issues caused by that driver?
Thanks and sorry for my bad English (I am French).
Je viens d'installer le pilote Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 20.30.0 sur mon PC Asus Zenbook UX510UW-FI074T tournant avec Windows 10 Fall creators update.
Et ce pilote a désactivé le bluetooth, la carte bluetooth n'apparaissant plus dans le gestionnaire de périphériques. En fait, elle est cachée..
Restaurer l'ancien pilote, restaurer le système au précédent point de restauration ou avec une précédente image système ne changent rien ! Le périphérique reste caché et le bluetooth désactivé.
Le service intel bluetooth (intel bluetooth service) fonctionne bien avec un démarrage automatique. Quelqu'un peut-il m'aider à réparer les conséquences causés par ce pilote défectueux?
Merci d'avance. Rémy
Thanks for posting in our community.
Please make sure you https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki... install the latest wireless driver (20.30.1 as of today) as well:
- http://Download the Latest Driver for Your Intel® Wireless Adapter Download the Latest Driver for Your Intel® Wireless Adapter
Please let us know if Bluetooth is restored after the wireless driver update. Just for documentation, what's your wireless adapter model?
The latest wireless driver supplied in France by Intel(R) Driver & Support Assistant is 20.30.0 ...
I do not want to take any risks with your untested drivers. I do not trust. Sorry but my PC is not your test platform.
I solved the problem by installing an old driver (19.11.1639649 - Year 2016) found on the ASUS website ...
My wireless adapter model, in my laptop, is :
Intel Wireless Bluetooth
Identifiant matériel : USB\VID_8087&PID_0A2B
Drivers installésFichier INF : oem35.inf | Marque : Intel | Classe : Bluetooth | Version : 19.11.1639.649 | Date : 29/09/2016
Sorry for my non-fluently English. Best Regards. Rémy
Réseau et E/SIntel® Wireless Bluetooth®Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10
Dernière version: 20.30.0
Version installée: 19.11.1639.649
Mise à jour disponible
Thanks for your reply.
Please notice drivers are tested before they're released. The latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27493/Wireless-Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?v=t Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® version is indeed 20.30.0. However, it is recommend to install the latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27475 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 (version 20.30.1) as well.
Nevertheless, it is good to know you were able to find a workaround to fix your Bluetooth.
Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.
I'll wait a bit before installing version 20.30.1.
You write to me the version 20.30.0 which disables bluetooth and makes disappear the device of the device manager has been tested. You must be kidding.
My laptop is recent, and is not low end. Its hard cannot be blamed.
Maybe could you suggest to INTEL FRANCE to make version 20.30.1 available instead of 20.30.0 ? I would not want other people than me to lose several hours to solve this bluetooth problem.
Just to clarify 20.30.0 is the latest Bluetooth driver and 20.30.1 is the latest wireless driver. My recommendation is to install the latest version of both drivers to get the best performance.
I would recommend to use the Intel driver assistance tool (IDSA too) to get the latest drivers available. This can be found here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html Intel® Driver & Support Assistant
The Bluetooth version you have installed is very old so I would recommend to check with your OEM to get newer ones or install the 2 drivers recommend.
Sorry but Eugenio and David did not understand anything. In my first message, I explained I had a problem with your bluetooth driver 20.30.0: bluetooth disabled and device disappeared in device manager. Regardless of that, I had OF COURSE installed your wifi driver 20.30.1. When Eugenio told me to install the 20.30.1 driver to fix the problem, I thought you had a new Bluetooth driver 20.30.1. Apparently, it was not and you had no solution to my problem except to ask me to update my wifi to solve a problem of untested bluetooth driver (it is untested contrary to what Eugenio said). The old bluetooth driver 18.1.1546.2762 solves the problem and you come to tell me that it is much too old. It is not my fault if you distribute via INTEL DRIVER AND SUPPORT ASSISTANT a bluetooth driver which is defective because not properly tested. I do not congratulate INTEL any more than the world does for your Spectre and Meltdown management. In any case, INTEL assistance is incompetent. All that is lamentable. Rémy
Thanks for your reply.
In some cases, a driver update is not enough. We recommend performing a clean driver installation, here's how:
- Download and save your drivers of choice for both Wireless and Bluetooth. You can:
- Get the latest system-specific driver from your computer manufacturer support.
- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005559/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki... Download the Latest Driver for Your Intel® Wireless Adapter.
- Uninstall the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®.
- Open Programs and Features (Uninstall a program) from the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall or Change and then Remove.
- When prompted, choose to discard settings.
- Uninstall your wireless and Bluetooth driver. Windows* with an inbox driver may natively support some wireless adapters. You cannot uninstall an inbox driver. Proceed to the next step if you start seeing the same version of the driver installed automatically after it's uninstalled.
- Go to Device Manager.
- Expand the Network Adapters category.
- Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.
- Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device.
- Repeat the same process with the Intel Bluetooth on the Bluetooth category.
- Clear out your temporary files.
- Press the Windows* key and R key simultaneously to open the run box.
- Type in: cleanmgr.exe and press the Enter key or OK.
- Place a check mark next to Temporary Files. You can leave everything else checked or unchecked.
- Press OK and wait.
- Reboot your computer.
- Locate the drivers you downloaded back in Step 1. Run them as administrator and follow the wizard to completion.
- (Optional Step) Apply the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000024678.html Recommended Settings for Wireless Connectivity.
Please let us know if the issue persists.
Hi - I'm having exactly the same issue as Remy, with multiple HP Spectre laptops.
This is most definitely a driver issue or the way that Windows Update is installing the driver - it's reported all over the HP Spectre forums.
Is there anything I can do to get some diagnostic information over to Intel so a driver update can be issued, please?
Thanks for your reply.
We can't define yet if the issue is driver related or not. However, we would like to check your system specification.
Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91... Intel® System Support Utility and share the resulting report with us. Rémy, it'll be great if you could send us this report as well in order to gather more data.
EDIT: Please make sure you perform a clean drivers installation as instructed in our previous post before sending the report.
Hello Eugenio F.,
My PC is new, mid-range and well maintained. I was able to recover the previous situation by installing the driver Intel BlueTooth driver 18.1.1546.2762 2016-02-24 and Intel (R) Wireless Bluetooth (R) 126.96.36.199. I do not want to hear about your faulty Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® driver for Windows® 10 20.30.0 anymore. My PC does not have to be implicated in front of a pilot insufficiently tested. I will wait for your next pilot version.
En aucune façon.
Mon PC est récent, de milieu de gamme et bien entretenu. J'ai pu récupérer la situation antérieure en installant le pilote Intel BlueTooth driver 18.1.1546.2762 2016-02-24 puis le Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 188.8.131.52. Je ne veux plus entendre parler de votre pilote défectueux Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 20.30.0. Mon PC n'a pas à être mis en cause face à un pilote insuffisamment testé. J'attendrai votre prochaine version de pilote.
Thank you for joining the thread.
I recommend creating a new thread since you are having a different system configuration and problem, please make sure you add the information of the system model and specs, model of the hardware that is presenting the problem and detail information of the problem that you are having, plus all the information that you have added to this thread, so we can get more information about the problem.
Please also add the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* report.
Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility
Steps to save the report:
- Run the utility.
- Click on "Scan" to get the scanned system.
- Once the scan is complete click on "next".
- Use the "save" option, save the report to your desktop.
- To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.
Thank you; hope to hear from you soon.