Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

Intel Wireless N 7260 - bluetooth not found in Windows 10

deebedrock
Beginner

Hi, 

I have a Intel NUC D54250WYK. Two years ago I added an Intel Wireless-N 7260 with bluetooth card to the machine. It was running Windows 8.1 at the time. I installed the relevant drivers and both WiFi and Bluetooth parts worked fine.  This week I did a fresh install of Windows 10 (an upgrade wasn't working for some reason).   Out of the box the WiFi was working but Windows couldn't see the Bluetooth device.  Device Manager was showing an Unknown USB Device (device Descriptor Request Failed),so I was assuming this pointed to a driver problem? The Wifi card was using a Microsoft driver. 

I downloaded bt_21.10.1_64 from Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Intel® Wireless 7260 Family and Intel® Dual-Band Wireless-AC 3160 and installed it. It made no difference. I then tried older drivers I had from before but again it made no difference. (Although the wifi card started using intel drivers). 

I found this thread Solved: Intel® Wireless-AC 7260 bluetooth failed - Intel Communities and followed the steps. I could only find one driver the bt_21.10.1_64 - the onedrive link in the thread didn't work. I don't know if that has the Wifi and/or the bluetooth driver. I can see the wifi card is still using a Microsoft driver and there is an unrecognized USB device in device manager and no bluetooth.  It's like the drivers are not correct.  Am I installing the correct drivers? Are there others I should use? I did try some random dell ones I found for the same card but it didn't solve the bluetooth issue.  As it was working find under Windows 8.1 I don't believe its an install problem? 

Any help would be appreciated. The keyboard I use for my NUC is bluetooth so I'm a bit stuck  

0 Kudos
0 Replies