Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel Wireless adapter AC-9560

2dach
Beginner
EVERY attempt at finding information on this faulty adapter is answered with 0 topics!!
How do I find this subject?!?
0 Kudos
15 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello 2dach

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Let us know which information you need or if you have a specific problem with this wireless card.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
2dach
Beginner
It doesn't work.
It has ceased to be.
It is an un-wireless adapter.
It is singing in the celestial choir.
0 Kudos
2dach
Beginner
"Intel Wireless AC 9560 adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems" Error code 10

Thousands of people are have been online seeking a solution to this problem that is now years old.

I have a nice new Asus laptop that I cannot use because I can't get online.

Many have written to various websites with solutions, many of which I have tried. The "solutions" however, are or have proven to be very temporary.

How do we fix this?

My laptop is now out of warranty (for lack of use being unable to go online via wifi).

I'm familiar with the inner workings of this laptop as one of the solutions was to unplug the adapter and reinstall it.

How do we fix this problem? Does the adapter need to be replaced?

PLEASE ADVISE.

Thank-you,
Jeff Hagerman
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update, please share with us the following information:

• When did this start to happen?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • What is the laptop model?
  • What Windows version are you using?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Which troubleshooting steps did you try already to resolve this?
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
2dach
Beginner
Hello David,
Thank-you for your quick response and apparent personal interest/concern!

You have requested the answers to several obviously pertinent questions.

To answer your questions as accurately as possible (for a person without the advantage of your technical education and experience) I will need an additional day.

I will need to re-enact several of the attempted fixes in order to provide you with the most accurate information as well as any resulting error messages that I'm fairly sure would be helpful in your (our) desire and need to return it to a fully functional unit (if it ever was).

Regarding the Intel SSU:

As you know, the laptop in question will not go online via wifi. It does not have an outlet for wired access. The OS is Windows 10. My wife uses an Apple. Can I download the SSU to a thumb drive via the Apple OS and then install in on my Windows 10?

My last laptop died (actually I later figured out that the screen went out though it didn't appear to be willing to boot into the Windows 7 OS. That was 3 or 4 years ago. I loved that laptop (Asus G72G). It served me well for 5(?)+ years.

I then used my phone for internet access as I knew that all of the new consumer (Asus) laptops were being delivered with Windows 10.

Knowing that Windows 10 contained many issues at the time I elected to wait until the bugs had been addressed before buying a replacement laptop. I finally purchased a new Asus (model Q536F). I immediately did not like Windows 10 and set it aside for approximately 2+ years.
The time arrived that I felt that Winfows had resolved many of their issues with 10 so, I again opened the Q536F determined to adapt to 10. This was maybe a year ago.

I could bitch about Windows 10 (I miss 7) but, that isn't why we are here.

As I recall, the laptop found our wifi, connected to the internet, and proceeded to download and install many months' worth of updates. I was unable to connect to our network from that point nor could it find ANY network.

I of course, used the Windows troubleshooter only to learn that the Intel wireless adapter AC-9560 could not be started, and/or needed further installation, code 10, as well as other similar error messages.

Using my phone I occasionally went online seeking another solution. Some worked until the laptop was restarted. After hours of digging and trying several suggestions I would get frustrated, shut it down, and try again in a couple-three weeks.

I hope that I have painted you a simple picture of my situation and will now work to answer your questions.

My wife and I "cut the (tv) cable" 7 or 8 years ago opting to do other things and use our computers for all of our television needs. It's a very liberating feeling once you wean yourself from the need to watch commercials and a great deal of mindless stuff.

I'll hopefully will send you the answers to your question tomorrow (Thursday) if not Friday.

By the way, my name is Jeff H.
I thank-you from the bottom of wherever for your not sending an impersonal robo-letter which are never helpful.

Jeff H.
0 Kudos
2dach
Beginner
When did this start to happen? 

I believe it began the second time that I turned the laptop on.

Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?

Yes, I'm sure that it was after multiple updates were automatically downloaded and installed during my initial use.

What is the laptop model? 

Asus Q536F

What Windows version are you using?

WINDOWS 10

Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

Original adapter

Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? 

Only during the initial use 

Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing? 

Yes but, I received a message telling me that a rollback was not possible since the update was more than 10 days old.

Which troubleshooting steps did you try already to resolve this? 

I've tried so many that I probably can't find /explain them all but, here we have some:

"Reinstall the AC-9560 driver

When it comes to driver issues, one of the most effective fixes is to reinstall the driver. But be advised that you might need two computers to reinstall the network driver. And if you don’t know how, follow the steps below.

Uninstall the AC-9560 driver

First you need to uninstall the driver:

On your keyboard, press Win+X (the Windows key and the X key) to open the WinX menu. Then select Device Manager.

Double click Network adapters to expand the node. Then right click Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 and select Uninstall device.

Select the box in front of Delete the driver software for this device. Then click Uninstall.

Now restart your computer.

Install the AC-9560 driver."

This worked after the necessary reboot but, not after the laptop was restarted the next day.

"Go to windows settings and click update and security

hit restart now under advanced start up

click troubleshoot.

click advanced options

click UEFI FIrmware settings, and press the only option which should be RESTART. this will take you to BIOS utility

click DEFAULT or F9 to restore basic settings (ive done it tons of times its never reset an option that affected anything i use)

then click save and exit.

this will restart your pc and fix the wireless issue instantly.

This also worked initially but, was not present the next day.

"Press Windows-X, Select Device Manager, Open Network Adapters, right-click Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz, select Properties. Then, select the Power Management tab and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

To fix your Wi-FI driver problem, I suggest:

Download the Wi-Fi driver package from your machine Support page, 

Uninstall the driver from Add/Remove software or Apps and Features,

REBOOT

Re-open Device Manager, Network Adapters, 

Right-click Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz,

Select Uninstall Device,

Check the box Delete the driver software for this device. if it's there,

Click Uninstall,

Repeat 5-8 until there is no Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz listed.

REBOOT AGAIN

Windows might detect and install the driver, let it do it.

Now, install the driver you downloaded in step #1

REBOOT"

This also worked initially but, not the following day. 

Another possible solution instructed me to physically uninstall the adapter itself though, as I recall, I disconnected/reconnected the antennae rather than removing the adapter entirely.

I'm sure that there were other suggestions but, these are the only ones that I recall with any accuracy. 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for all the information provided 2dach. To provide troubleshooting steps/recommendations we need the SSU results first, you can download the file on another computer and transfer the file to this laptop to get the results and post them on this thread. This will help us verify if there is an issue with the driver, if there is any update opportunities or which other troubleshooting steps you can try. Do you remember which driver version you used for the updates before?

Best regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
2dach
Beginner
David G,
I sincerely thank-you for your continuing interest in resolving this issue. I'm certain that many others will benefit.
I failed to mention that I also refreshed the BIOS which allowed me to go online...until the next day when I turned the computer on again.

No, I do not remember the driver version. That will be included in the SSU information once acquired?
Can I download the SSU on an iOS (my wife's laptop) to a thumb drive and transfer it to my Windows 10 system?

Jeff H.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, you can download this way if you absolutely have to. You could also connect the Windows 10 PC using an Ethernet cable from your router.

...S

0 Kudos
2dach
Beginner
Thanks for that Scott.
Unfortunately, this model doesn't have an ethernet port (much to my surprise).
0 Kudos
2dach
Beginner
Scott, David G,

I have a usb/ethernet adapter arriving Saturday so I can download the SSU to the Asus and bypass the Apple.

I will post the results once I have run it.

I used Window's network reset option. This did allow me to connect to the internet via my wi-fi. However, the next day when I turned the laptop on it would not connect. I again tried the network reset but, it was not successful at connecting.
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update, we'll be waiting for the report.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos
2dach
Beginner
David,
Don't go!
The adapter y
That I had ordered via Amazon was "delayed in transportation".
Six days later they admitted that they they didn't know where it was.
So, I had to reorder it.
It arrived this morning.
I will be downloading the needed program this evening.
0 Kudos