Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Intel ac8260 dual-band wireless/bluetooth pci-e intermittently disconnects from router

CRupe2
Beginner

I'm struggling with my wireless card dropping wifi signal momentarily at irregular intervals (anywhere from once every ten minutes to once per hour). Previously this was a minor issue that would correct itself rather quickly (the connection to the router was restored in seconds and any streamed application would return to normal function within 30 seconds). After recent driver updates, however, the connection to the router does not always restore reliably. Each time the connection drops now, the only solution I have found is to forget the network and immediately reconnect to it. This has happened before with this device, but previous solutions no longer work.

Thus far, I have:

Ensured all drivers are up to date

Disabled U-APSD

Updated the BIOS on the motherboard

Disabled Bluetooth

Please help,

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Chuke,

In order to better assist you, please share the following:

1. Intel® System Support Utility report

1. Download the latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293 Intel® SSU

2. While connected to your WiFi network, run the scan for "everything."

3. Save and name the report.

2. Wireless Autoconfig report

1. Right click your start menu icon and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

2. Enter: netsh wlan show wlanreport

3. Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WlanReport\

4. Upload the wlan-report-latest.html file along with your reply.

3. Wireless router brand and model.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Chuke,

We haven't heard back from you. Has your problem been resolved?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos