The problem: My Bluetooth adapter was not working and always showing unknown names and fail to pair with any device. So, it appeared that there was an update for the driver. I updated it hoping it will work. Since the update, my laptop started to act weird. When I restarted the laptop, the internet connection disappeared and there were no network adapters listed. Also, the start menu and taskbar froze and not responding.
I tried to delete the driver, reinstalled it, and nothing worked. However, I found a solution for the problem of the internet connection and the start menu freezing. It appeared that if I disabled the Bluetooth adapter from the Device Manager and restart the laptop, everything on the laptop works fine. If the Bluetooth is enabled, the laptop freeze and not responding. Therefore, it is obvious that there is a problem on the Bluetooth driver that is causing the laptop to act crazily when I enable the Bluetooth from the Device Manager.
My laptop specification: MSI GE62 6QD Apache Pro(See the attached photo)
Network adapter: AC-3165 (version 184.108.40.206)
Bluetooth adapter: (version 19.10.1635.483)
I'm not sure what is the problem but I hope you can help me!
We understand you are experiencing some inconveniences with your MSI* GE62 6QD Apache Pro once Bluetooth is activated. Before we go any further, could you please be so kind and confirm if the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 is the one installed by factory? Please let us know as soon as possible.
Thank you for the fast reply!
Yes the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 is one installed by the factory. No modification or change were made to the hardware of the laptop.
It's our pleasure to be of assistance. In this case that the adapter is installed by factory, our first recommendation is to obtain the latest drivers provided by your computer manufacturer even though they may differ from the one found in our download center.
A clean installation of the wireless drivers may help you resolve this situation. Here is how you can do it:
For the Wireless Adapter:
1. Download and save the drivers provided by your computer manufacturer. For your convenience, here is the link to it: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GE62-6QD-Apache-Pro.html# down-driver&Win10 64 SUPPORT FOR GE62 6QD APACHE PRO - scroll down to Wireless LAN - Driver Win 10 64 220.127.116.11 Please, check with them about the improvements that may be incorporated for their Beta driver version.
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.
For the Bluetooth*
1. Next, once you have done all the procedure above, try your connection. If you notice that the issue still persists regarding the Bluetooth* you may try their drivers as well. https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GE62-6QD-Apache-Pro.html# down-driver&Win10 64 SUPPORT FOR GE62 6QD APACHE PRO - scroll down to Bluetooth* - Driver Win 10 17.1.1527.15342. Download and save the driver above, then go to Control Panel >> Device Manager >> Bluetooth* or Bluetooth* Radios and then expand it, right click on Bluetooth* and uninstall it.
3. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device
4. Install the driver from the link above and check in Device Manager if Bluetooth is properly installed and test your wireless connection once again and see if you can connect without having to disable Bluetooth*.
If after trying the solution found in the computer manufacturer support site, as second option, you can try our latest generic drivers through a clean installation following the instructions provided above for the adapter. For your convenience, here is the link to it as well: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26312/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-Software-for-Windows-10?pro... Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Software for Windows® 10 - driver version: 19.10.1635
Let us know if this steps helped you to resolve this situation.
I have followed the steps that you mentioned carefully but no luck. While I was doing the steps, there were two drivers (18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124) that could not be removed as the option to delete the driver did not appear. So, I tried to ignore that and install the Bluetooth. For the Bluetooth, I was able to uninstall all the drivers until the device appeared in the unknown devices list.
Here is the photo that illustrate what happens when I tried to uninstall these two drivers:
The current status: I am disabling the Bluetooth so that it does not cause any problem for the laptop. However, when I enable the Bluetooth after the laptop has started, it just keep searching and I cannot press "more Bluetooth options"
I am not sure what is the problem but I am sure it is a software problem. The laptop is just 9 months old (with 2 year warrenty), so I do not expect the hardware of it to be faulty.
Please, advice me what to do next or if you have any other probable solutions.
In this case that you've tried to remove the drivers and there was no option available to do so, it may be that the drivers are proprietary and the computer manufacturer may have applied policies and/or restrictions regarding the wireless drivers installation and/or removal. Could you please be so kind and verify with them before we go any further and then let us know it? Ask them which of these two drivers would be the best for your system and also asked them about drivers installation/removal policies as they can provide their instructions regarding this.
Gooood News, I solved the problem!!!! HHHHH,, so happy
Let me tell you what I have done,
It appeared that there is a problem in the services setting that hindered the clean installation. The one that enable the Bluetooth services setting as the laptop starts. When I had the problem, I changed the services setting to Automatic. However, when that did not work, I played with the Log On setting. So, when I made the clean reinstall that you gave me, it was not working because the Log On services was messed up earlier by me. Therefore, I searched about the Log On since it was giving me error 1079 after the clean installation. I followed this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2478117 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2478117
1. Click Start, type "Services.msc" in the Search programs and files box, and then press ENTER,
2. Locate and double click the Bluetooth Support Service service.
3. Click the Log On tab,
4. In the This account text box, type "NT AUTHORITY\LocalService",
5. Set both Password fields blank,
6. Click Apply and then OK,
7. Restart both services.
Once everything worked, I updated both the Bluetooth adapter and the AC-3165 adapter to the last drivers provided by the automatic driver updater.
In a nutshell, In addition to the steps that you gave and the clean installation, the user has to check the services setting (setting the service to Automatic AND checking the Log ON credentials)
Now, I think I have to return the external Bluetooth adapter that I bought from Amazon and that arrived today and which it worked .
it's time to play Forza Horizon 3 with a wireless controller
We're very glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.
We would also like to thank you for sharing the additional steps. I'm sure this information will be helpful to us, as well as future users experiencing these issues.