Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7455 Discussions

Intel wifi 6 ax200 disconnecting randomly

scary276
Beginner

My intel wifi card randomly disconnects from my wifi and sometimes my bluetooth headphones too, this usually happens whenever I am launching a game or playing one. This isn't the first problem i've had with this peice of **bleep** wifi. its also always very slow unless I change the 802.11a/b/g wireless mode to 2.4ghz 802.11b/g. Yes I have updated to the latest drivers

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, scary276.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

Intermittent connectivity with your Intel Wi-Fi card is causing significant disruption, especially during gaming. To better understand and address the issue, could you please provide more information?

• Was the Wi-Fi connection stable previously?
  • Have there been any recent changes to your computer's hardware or software?
  • When did you first notice the connectivity issues?
  • Have you confirmed with your ISP that your internet connection is stable?
  • Does this issue occur only in one location, or have you experienced it in different environments?
  • If possible, could you test the Wi-Fi connection on a different router or access point to see if the issue persists?

It's also recommended to use the wireless driver provided by your computer's manufacturer, as they may have customized it for your specific system. You may refer to this link, Clean installation of Wireless Drivers.

Additionally, if you could run an SSU report and share the results, it would help in diagnosing the problem by providing details such as the OS build number, Wi-Fi driver version, and any system errors.

Best Regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, scary276.

I trust you're doing well.
I have not heard back from you, we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,
Von M.
Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ZeR0_1
Beginner

I have a similar issue since my last update on 10th of April 2024.

Device: Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160 MHz

I installed driver version 23.40.0.4 which was published on 9th of April 2024 for Windows 10/11.

I run Windows 10 with the latest updates.

• Was the Wi-Fi connection stable previously?
    • Yes
  • Have there been any recent changes to your computer's hardware or software?
    • yes, Windows and Intel Wi-Fi driver updates
  • When did you first notice the connectivity issues?
    • within the last week
  • Have you confirmed with your ISP that your internet connection is stable?
    • yes, other user with different device has no problems working at the same time (not Wi-Fi 6)
  • Does this issue occur only in one location, or have you experienced it in different environments?
    • not tested yet
  • If possible, could you test the Wi-Fi connection on a different router or access point to see if the issue persists?

I re-installed the Intel 22.170.0.3 driver version, which is recommended by my manufacturer. Let`s see how it goes...

From my perspective there is a bug in the 23. version which you should look at. Otherwise there is no sense in updating via intel.com directly to "newer" versions if they break stuff or do not work with Lenovo, Dell etc. ...

Regards
Mike

0 Kudos