Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7650 Discussions

Intel wifi 6e ax210 linux support

Jwchao
Beginner

I see that there is a linux driver for wifi 6, i have uploaded it onto my raspberry pi kernel 5.10 but i only see freq up to 6.1GHz. Is there a specific driver for wifi 6E on linux that needs to come out?

sincerely,

Jonathan C

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Jwchao, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you know that our drivers are generic and meant for Windows, to get the appropriate drivers/firmware I recommend you to check with your Linux provider to get the latest updates.

Also, you will find the following links helpful to address your inquiry:

1. Linux* Support for Intel® Wireless Adapters

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005511/wireless.html

2. Linux wireless:

- https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/iwlwifi

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Jwchao,  

Were you able to check the previous post? Or, do you have further questions? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Jwchao
Beginner

Im on a raspberry pi, looks like i need to find a way to just get kernel 5.11, right now its 5.10 stable, to have right iw driver support. Unless I am mistaken.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Jwchao, 

In this case, if you have no issues with the device we do not recommend performing any kind of updates, however, if you need to perform an update I recommend you to get in contact with the operating system support team to get compatibility information and/or get the latest drivers/firmware.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos