Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7871 Discussions

Intel wireless 9260 on jetson NX kernel 4.9

LiranSperling
Beginner

I'm trying to get the Intel wireless 9260 card working on my jetson NX with the kernel 4.9.140-tegra.

So far I haven't succeeded at getting it to work.

Any instructions on how to do so?

command 'lshw -C network' shows the card but no wireless interface showing on 'ifconfig'

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @LiranSperling  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue: 

1. Is the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 the pre-installed/original wi-fi card in your motherboard/laptop or is it an integration? 
  2. Is it a Desktop or a PC? 
  3. Was it working fine before? 
  4. Make sure that your wireless adapter is connected properly running # lspci command in the terminal and verify if the wireless adapter is recognized. This is an example of what should display. 
  5. Make sure that the module is installed properly running # modinfo iwlwifi command. This is an example of the output.   
  6. Type # lsmod | grep iwlwifi to make sure the driver is loaded, the output should be like this, If the result is empty, the driver hasn't been loaded. Most likely to be a distribution issue: 
  7. Type # dmesg | grep iwlwifi. If the result is empty, the driver wasn’t initialized and this is a distribution issue: 
  8. Type the # dmesg | grep “no suitable firmware found!” command, if the result is not empty, which means that you don't have a suitable FW, you need to check here for supported FW or here for the latest versions. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @LiranSperling  

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @LiranSperling    

We have not heard back from you, so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos