Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7425 Discussions

Is the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 Wifi PCIe card compatible with my T520 Thinkpad?

DCatm
Beginner

I'm currently running a 6300N wireless card are painstakenly slow speeds.

It has an i5 processor and is running 8AET69WW 1.49 Bios

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What I can tell you is that your laptop has a mini-PCIe slot for connecting a Wireless card. The 9560 card requires a M.2 Type E slot and a motherboard and processor designed to support CNVio. Bottom line, you cannot use the 9560 card.

For the mini-PCIe connector that your laptop has, the Intel solutions you want to look at are the Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and (better) the Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260. You need to confirm with Lenovo that their laptop's motherboard and BIOS will support one of these cards being used.

In the case of the Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, there are two versions of this card, one designed for the older mini-PCIe connector and one designed for the newer M.2 Type E connector. You have to make sure that you are getting the one designed for the older mini-PCIe connector.

That is, you want the card that looks like this:

mini-PCIe 7260.jpg

NOT the card that looks like this:

M.2TypeE7260.jpg

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What I can tell you is that your laptop has a mini-PCIe slot for connecting a Wireless card. The 9560 card requires a M.2 Type E slot and a motherboard and processor designed to support CNVio. Bottom line, you cannot use the 9560 card.

For the mini-PCIe connector that your laptop has, the Intel solutions you want to look at are the Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and (better) the Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260. You need to confirm with Lenovo that their laptop's motherboard and BIOS will support one of these cards being used.

In the case of the Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, there are two versions of this card, one designed for the older mini-PCIe connector and one designed for the newer M.2 Type E connector. You have to make sure that you are getting the one designed for the older mini-PCIe connector.

That is, you want the card that looks like this:

mini-PCIe 7260.jpg

NOT the card that looks like this:

M.2TypeE7260.jpg

Hope this helps,

...S

DCatm
Beginner

Thank you Scott

0 Kudos