Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7813 Discussions

Killer Wifi AX 1650i dropping connection on Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-54

tastypavlova
Beginner

I bought a new Acer predator laptop with the killer AX 1650i wireless card and I constantly lose connection for a couple of seconds at least once a day. This is also not an isolated occurrence; I also have an acer nitro I bought for my brother with the same wifi card and he has the exact same issue. The connection will drop for a around 2-5 seconds and then come back, this happens for me and my brother at the same time and no other devices in my house had any issues.

Currently I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and I have also turned off the power management option so the wireless card won't power down. I have tried turning off the prioritization engine in the killer settings as well.

If you need any additional info let me know and I can add it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @tastypavlova

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further, could you please provide us with the following details?

1- We understand that this is a new laptop. Just to make sure, is the behavior occurring since the very first day that you have the computer? Or did it work as expected at any time?

2- When this issue happens, is there any error message? Perhaps on the Windows notification area or in Device Manager?

3- Have you checked if this issue happens testing only the laptop and the router? (no other wireless devices connected to the wireless network during the test).

4- Have you tried a different router or Access point for testing purposes? Maybe one that is AX compatible? Or, have you rebooted your access point or router? Please provide details.

5- Router / Access point brand, model, and firmware version:

6- Is the issue happening with both Wireless bands? (2.4GHz and 5GHz?)

7- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
tastypavlova
Beginner

1- We understand that this is a new laptop. Just to make sure, is the behavior occurring since the very first day that you have the computer? Or did it work as expected at any time?

It started when I first used the computer

2- When this issue happens, is there any error message? Perhaps on the Windows notification area or in Device Manager?

No error messages appear

3- Have you checked if this issue happens testing only the laptop and the router? (no other wireless devices connected to the wireless network during the test).

I have not, I will do that now.

4- Have you tried a different router or Access point for testing purposes? Maybe one that is AX compatible? Or, have you rebooted your access point or router? Please provide details.

I currently don't have access to a separate access point but I will look into it. I will also reboot the router and see if that helps.

5- Router / Access point brand, model, and firmware version:

brand: telstra smart modem gen 2

model: Technicolor DJA0231

firmware: 20.3.c.0432-MR21-RA

6- Is the issue happening with both Wireless bands? (2.4GHz and 5GHz?)

both wireless bands.

I have attached the ssu scan.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello tastypavlova

Thank you for your response.

We would like to know if you were able to test only the laptop and the router and if the behavior persists after rebooting the router.

If the issue persists, we would like to provide you with the following steps:

1- Just in case, please make sure the operating system is up to date and install any pending updates. Refer to Update Windows*.

2- Please perform a clean install of the Intel Killer Performance Suite using the latest version from our Download Center: 3.1222.7100. For the clean install steps, please refer to this guide: How to Perform a Clean Installation to Solve Most Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite Issues.

3- Also, we noticed in the Intel® SSU report that the system is running BIOS version V1.12. However, there is a new version available on the ACER* website: V1.13*. We recommend contacting ACER* Support for assistance to update the BIOS to see if this may help with the behavior.

4- Finally, you may check with the manufacturer of the router/modem Telstra to see if there are firmware updates available or for recommended settings from their side.

Please let us know if the behavior is fixed or persists.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello tastypavlova

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello tastypavlova

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos