I am working on Wi-fi Direct(P2P Communication) feature in Android OS.
I have some queries to purchase the Intel Product.
1. I need a Intel wi-fi PCIe card with wifi-direct feature support (p2p communication enabled), which will support Android-x86-nougat os version.
2. If it is available please share the product spec and price details.
3. Need driver and firmware supports for the product .
4. Need Patch to enable this feature in android-x86-nougat version.
We understand you're looking for a wireless adapter for Android OS*.
The following resources might help you find what you're looking for:
- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/mobile/modem-solutions.html Intel® Mobile Modem Solutions.
- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html Technical Resources for Designers, Engineers, and Developers.
Thanks for the info,
I have check all the below wifi product in the link you have shared in the last post.
Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 Product
Intel® Wireless-AC 9560
Intel® Wireless-AC 9461
Intel® Wireless-AC 9260
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7265
Intel® Wireless-N 7265
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
They have mentioned that the product all support wifi -direct and wifi-miracast, but I need clear info on the below queries.
1. wifi advanced feature support only for windows ?
- wifi-Direct and wifi-miracst supports only windows OS?
2. Limitted feature for linux
- It means this wifi PCI E will not support wifi-Direct and wifi-miracst feature in Linux and Android?
Please clear me the above queries.
I want to know that the any of the above wifi products will support wifi-Direct and wifi-miracst feature in android?
We only directly provide Windows OS* drivers. Linux* driver development happens in the open-source Linux community, with limited support, these are included in the Kernel.
- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005511/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Linux* Support for Intel® Wireless Adapters.
In Windows*, WiFi Direct and Miracast* are supported by the OS since Intel® WiDi was discontinued. In Linux*, there's information online saying it's possible, but there is no direct support.
There is currently no Android* drivers or support for any of these adapters.
For ordering code, pricing, and more you may refer to the product specifications page for each adapter:
https://ark.intel.com/products/99446/Intel-Wireless-AC-9560 Intel® Wireless-AC 9560
https://ark.intel.com/products/125193/Intel-Wireless-AC-9461 Intel® Wireless-AC 9461
https://ark.intel.com/products/99445/Intel-Wireless-AC-9260 Intel® Wireless-AC 9260
https://ark.intel.com/products/94150/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-8265 Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
https://ark.intel.com/products/94854/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3168 Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
https://ark.intel.com/products/86068/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-8260 Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
https://ark.intel.com/products/89450/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3165 Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
https://ark.intel.com/products/84177/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-7265 Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7265
https://ark.intel.com/products/84178/Intel-Wireless-N-7265 Intel® Wireless-N 7265
https://ark.intel.com/products/83635/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7265 Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265