Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Low Download Speed High Upload Speed 3165

SKhan18
Beginner

i have dual booted a dell laptop with windows 10 creators update and Ubuntu

I have a 10mbps connection

using the speedtest, I got the upload speed in windows to be the max (near 10 mbps) but download speed was only 0.37-0.50 mbps after repeated reboots

I tried installing different versions of intel drivers(19.20,19.50(Dell Recommended), 19.60) but no change

I downgraded my windows to anniversary update and got the perfect download speed

Also Ubuntu has given me the expected speed everytime

any solutions?

note: I have kept track of background downloading processes and found none to be consuming the speed

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SKhan18
Beginner

the model is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

I have tried enabling disabling WMM from both router and advanced settings

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Sid.khanna,

We understand you're having wireless performance issues under Windows® 10 Creators Update, in a dual boot configuration with Ubuntu*.

Did you manage to roll back to Aniversary Update and stay, or are you back to Creators?

The 19.60.0 PROSet drivers address issues reported on dual boot configurations. It's also possible that the issue is being caused by Creators Update, independed of your dual boot.

For future reference, could you please download and run the Intel® System Support Utility. This software will scan your current hardware configuration and settings then save them into a report.

To enable attachments you will need to use the "advanced editor" (top right) while replying.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Sid.khanna,

We have not heard back from you in a while. Has your issue been resolved?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos