Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7898 Discussions

MSI GE75 Raider 9SG with Killer AX1675x not detecting 6GHz

GregKl
Beginner

Hi,

see also: 

community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AX1675x-not-seeing-6Ghz-band-network-for-wifi-Other-bands-work/m-p/1402838#M42642

MSI GE75 Raider 9SG with Killer AX1675x not detecting 6GHz; after updating the Killer driver to the latest 22.150.0.3 last week, I lost access to '6 Ghz'.  I had a more or less stable 6Ghz connection before although I'd never call it solid.  Rolling back to the older drivers, including the 22.45.1.1 did not help. I'm on Windows 11, 21H2.  Would appreciate assistance. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello GregKl,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system, or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different 6GHz networks?
  • What is the model of your router?
  • Can other devices connect to the 6GHz network?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
GregKl
Beginner

Hello Jean,

Thank you for getting back to me. 

• Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system, or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

No, I upgraded the original adapter from Killer 1650 to Killer 1675 in January this year. It did work more or less ok until I updated the drivers last week  

• Have you checked if this issue happens on different 6GHz networks?  I do not have any other devices that could connect to 6 GHz 
  • What is the model of your router?       Asus GT- AX11000 
  • Can other devices connect to the 6GHz network? I do not have any other devices that could connect to 6 GHz 

Two days ago, the adapter picked up the 6 GHz but when I tried to connect to it, it disappeared. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello GregKl,

As you mentioned that it is not the original adapter you installed for the Killer 1675 as an upgrade; it is important to understand that it may not work due to hardware or software compatibility issues or dependencies. You should contact your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to see if they can confirm that the wireless adapter is compatible and will work with your system. If you want to look into more information about Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade, please, visit the following article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/wireless.html

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
GregKl
Beginner

Rubbish; my 6GHz worked before I updated the drivers last week.  Thanks for nothing

0 Kudos
OZzy1
Beginner

I have MSIGE76 11 Gen with Win11 Pro Recently purchased TPLink AX75 which has 6Ghz capability. My laptop on board has AX1675x 6G 

Solution I found is uninstalled all Network and Bluetooth Drivers and software's, restarted and only updated the Network driver to 22.200 as on April 2023. I left the Bluetooth driver as default which is 22.070 and  then  I can connect to 6GHz

If I upgrade the Bluetooth driver to 22.210 which is also the latest version as on April 2023 then 6GHz disappears or randomly appears  

It seems our issue is not hardware but driver related.  

0 Kudos
GregKl
Beginner

thanks, please double check your bluetooth driver, should it not be 22.70.0.3, dated 09/07/2021. when I uninstall mine, it defaults automatically to 22.70.0.3

0 Kudos
OZzy1
Beginner

OK sadly, it turned out 22.70.0.3 also does not provide a steady connection.

My next trial was back to the latest Bluetooth driver (22.210) and turn off the firewall and stop the Killer Center apps, as advised by others, this gives little bit better connectivity to 6GHz.

On the other hand, I also find out if I restart or turn off and on the Wi-Fi on my laptop then 6GHz appears as well.

It seems restarting is refreshing some of the background programs that may be helping to connect 6Ghz.

Overall, there is still a glitch or software conflicts, and simple connection should not be so complicated. 

0 Kudos