Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Missing +HS(High Speed) functionality in 7260 AC

JWong20
Beginner

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

I am having an issue with the Bluetooth in my 7260 AC. After Installing latest driver BT_17.0.1401.03_s64 for windows 7 64bit, I don't

see the "+HS" suffix in under Bluetooth Radio. All it says is "Intel Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 Adapter" The HS(highspeed Bluetooth) is disabled.

How can I enable this? I read the instruction of intel "How to install Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology"

and it says:

"Three components are required for Bluetooth® HS features and function with Intel wireless adapters.

• WiFi (Intel)
  • Bluetooth® HS (Intel)
  • Bluetooth® Stack (Intel or third-party)"

The link for this info is at http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-032541.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — How to install Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology

In device manager I have under

Bluetooth Radios

Intel Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 Adapter <-- no +HS suffix here!</strong>

Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator <--missing this device also!</strong>

Network Adapters

Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

I also removed all Proset software and proceded to install Bluetooth software first as mentioned in above link.

Tried removing all radios/Bluetooth devices in device manager but "+HS" suffix does not come back on!!!!!!!

P.S. I checked my other Windows 8.1 laptop and the "+HS" suffix is there. So I know my Windows 7 laptop should show it too

Update: Is it possible HS(High Speed) functions even though it doesn't show in device manager?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

I'm going to check on this with our engineering team. I'll keep you posted.

0 Kudos
JWong20
Beginner

Was able to transfer file from laptop to cell phone over Bluetooth connection.

The transfer speed was from 84KBytes/s - 100 KBytes/s.

Unfortunately I cant confirm HS speeds(Bluetooth 3.0, and 4.0) because my cell phone

has Bluetooth version 2.1 +EDR

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Jose5, I can guarantee you that all versions of 7260 adapters support BT 2.1 , 2.1ERT, 3.0, 3+HS and 4 (BLE).

If the network is not showing the +HS could be because the driver installed was the OEM version for the BT (Bluetooth) portion.

This feature should be enable by default and if the name shows 4.0 then it is being recognized, but if you want to see the +HS, I would recommend to install first the wireless PROset 17 and then the new BT 17 version too.

Before the installation please remove all current network drivers and install the new ones again.

BTW option should be enable at BT settings as follows:

0 Kudos
JWong20
Beginner

Hi Sylvia_intel,

I have Generic Intel drivers and not OEM. I am missing the HS enable option in Bluetooth properties

that is shown in the image you provided, thank you for showing me this helps me a lot.

At this point I am thinking of performing a system recovery on my Windows 7 notebook. Perhaps all the

uninstall, and reinstall has messed up my registry.

Thank you for your help. Now I know what my Bluetooth properties should look like.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Jose5, I would like to apologize but according to a recent information received, we no longer support BT HS and suggest using WiFi (or WLAN) directly instead.

New products like the AC7260 don't have the option available anymore. This information is available at the help and specifications option.

0 Kudos
JWong20
Beginner

No problem Sylvia_int. I did perform a recovery on my laptop and could confirm that HS was unavailable in device manager.

To be honest, I performed the recovery because I had other issues with my laptop's battery charging status which I did solve.

Is too bad that HS is not available for the 7260 AC during Bluetooth transfer because it helps when transferring anything over half

a Gigabyte. Hoping that Intel can support it in the future if is not asking too much.

P.S. I also had issues with WiDi not working (had stuttering video, freezes) with the Intel 7260 even with latest WiDi version.

I also could not get Intel My Dashboard to work with this adapter. So, I removed the adapter and replaced with the original

Centrino 6235 my laptop came with.

Still I do not understand why the product brief for both the 6235 Centrino and the 7260 AC say they support Dual Mode Bluetooth* 2.1,

2.1 +EDR, 3.0, 3.0+HS,4.0 (BLE).

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/centrino/centrino-advanced-n-wimax-6235-brief.html Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235: Product Brief

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-bluetooth-brief.html Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260: Product Brief

With the OEM (HP drivers) The 6235 Centrino shows the HS option in device manager under Bluetooth radios and

in Bluetooth properties under HS switching. With the Generic Intel driver the 6235 also shows the option in Bluetooth radios as HS, but

I do not see it in Bluetooth Properties (HS switching tab). The 7260 Does not show it Bluetooth radios or Bluetooth properties.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Jose5 please check this article. It will show you how to add Intel WiDi on your system.

http://supportkb.intel.com/wireless/wireless-display/templates/selfservice/intelwidi/# portal/1026/article/2497 http://supportkb.intel.com/wireless/wireless-display/templates/selfservice/intelwidi/# portal/1026/article/2497

0 Kudos
JWong20
Beginner

Ty for the link Sylvia. Yea when I had the 7260 on the laptop I installed drivers in this order ( 1.iGPU Driver Intel HD 4000, 2. Intel Bluetooth Driver for 7260 3. Intel Driver and 4. Intel WiDi Software)

The WiDi software installed fine and played fined while streaming to TV via WiDi problem was that at some point when seeking or later the video was freezing.

My only guess is that WiDi software is not recognized/optimized for the 7260 AC card because I have all that is required to play WiDi including Intel Chipset HM76, and Intel iGPU HD 4000, as well as Intel 7260 adapter..

0 Kudos