Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7448 Discussions

My Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz network adapter is not working properly on my Dell Inspiron 13 2-in-1.

KMcCo7
Novice

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling the driver; updated to the latest driver version (20.90.3.2)​, and read through numerous threads that discuss similar issues. I have spent too many hours to no avail. None of those troubleshooting recommendations have resolved my problem. This problem has been on and off again since JAN 2020. My most recent incident occurred about one week ago. When I use the "troubleshoot" feature, windows network diagnostics gives me the following:  "The Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems." Any help you can provide, please, would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

0 Kudos
26 Replies
holsen
Novice

What tyoe oif router do you have?  Does it support AX?  I had to make some adjustments to my Driver Properties so that my AX wifi card would work with my AC router.   Please confirm and I;'ll check the setting adjustments I made.   BUT  before I made those changes I deleted every version of previous drivers and installed the latest in their place.  (I did not just update - I deleted then installed).

0 Kudos
JanV
Beginner

I have a AVM FRITZ!Box 7581EZ and this has been working with my laptop without any problem for more than 18 months. And it also works faultless with my other computers for years.

0 Kudos
holsen
Novice

Yes, my router also worked with all my devices - UNTIL I got a desktop PC with wifi 6 AX201  and an HP Laptop with AX201 - My router (Which is not an AX Router - but is B G N and AC) continued working with my older devices but I had constant drop outs on the 2 New PCs with the AX201   -  The fix I'm sharing with you, fixed it for me on both machines:

1. Once you have the lastest driver (having deleted all previous)

2. Go to Device Manager >Network Adapters and Right Click Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX 200 / 201 >  Select Properties

3. Go to Advanced Tab and select item 2.  802.11 n/ac/ax 

4. Change the Value to either 802.11 n   or 802.11 ac

This will disable the AX Band (on the wireless card) which doesnt exit on your router.   Try both Settings.  I worked for me on both my machines.

Screenshot:  https://share.getcloudapp.com/P8u87Zz5

0 Kudos
JanV
Beginner

Unfortunately, that also does not make any difference.

0 Kudos
DanielGiessenburg

This morning i had some Windows (11 - 64bits) Updates and had this issue that WiFi and Bluetooth stopped working.

I found out the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz , had an expression mark in the device manager, after serval hours looking around and trying all kind of solutions, and all of them in this topic. the following worked for me:

1. Un-install the device and remove the drivers, till only the default driver of Windows is left in the list:

Properties, Drivers, Update Drivers, Browse my computer for drivers, Let me pick from a list

2 Reboot the machine, will activate the driver in Windows. But didnt fixed it

3 Download the oldest driver, from Asus (i have a VivoBook) - 16 April 2020 - 21.90.2.1 (WirelessLan_PIE_DCH_Intel_B_V21.70.0.6_17808)

4 Install the driver, restart the machine.

Still this was not enough to make it work, then i thought, this module is also controlling the bluetooth, so what if i download that one and install

5 Download the closest driver to 16 April 2020, from Asus again  -  7 October 2020 - 21.90.1.1 (Bluetooth_DCH_Intel_Z_V21.90.1.1_17881.exe)

6 Install the driver, restart the machine.

And Wi-Fi and Bluetooth were working again

0 Kudos
JanV
Beginner

Thank you Daniel, for your suggestions.

However, I have already sent the laptop to the dealer for repair,  few weeks ago.

They have replaced the WiFi-adapter and all is working fine now.

Kind regards,

Jan

0 Kudos