Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

My WiFi Technology not working

idata
Employee

Hello,

I have two Dell XPS 14 Z computers. WiFi Technology works fine in one,in the second I receive the message

(( Intel My WiFi Technology has been configured with a non-supported profile. Instead, the default profile will be used)

I cannot find any Profile nor am I able to add one.

any suggestions ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Anthony,

Thank you very much for posting.

According to the information provided this issue could be caused by many reasons, like corruption in the wireless driver, corruption in the profile itself, and even the version of your wireless driver. So what I would recommend is downloading the latest Intel® PROSet wireless driver and creating a new profile in that same system and try one more time. If you continue to have the same issue, could you please provide more detailed information so we can better isolate your problem?

System configuration:

• Wireless Card name/model:

• Wireless Driver version:

• Operating System:

• have you done a fresh installation of your Operating System or is it an image?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Mark, Thank you for your reply,

I have tried updating my drivers this is the link provided by the Intel driver utility

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/wireless Intel® Driver Update Utility for wireless networking

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/wireless/can-6230 Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230

However, the system will not allow for the update the message reads.

(This version can not upgrade from the current older product.

Please uninstall the older product manually.)

I am uncertain how to proceed.

Computer is Dell XPS L412Z

The system has Windows 7 Home Premium service pack 1

64bit Operating system

i7 -2640m

Wireless card Intel R CentrinoR (Advanced) N6230

Don't know the current driver version.

Yes, computer was reset to factory default with the Dell recovery.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue would be most welcome.

Best regards

Anthony

0 Kudos