Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

My laptop unexpectedly shutdown for some reason

funky123
Beginner

HI how is it going on this fine day.

I am having a small issue with my dell inspiron 7706 2n1

The reason I am contacting dell is because the network wifi driver is made by intel.  The issue I am having is this.  Twice today I had a problem with my laptop.  What would happen is that I would be reading something on the internet then all of a sudden the whole computer would shutdown for no reason.  This issue or problem has happened a long time ago.  I orginally thought that the computer vents were clogged with dust but when I took it a part their was hardly any dust in it but still I blew the dust out and put the laptop back rogether with help of course.  I just would like to now what I can do to fix this issue.  I have tried updating to the latested version of the intel wifi driver though the dell website.  But it appers that this has not fixed this issue so I rolled back the following driver.

here is an error message from today below:

Log Name:      System

Source:        Netwtw10

Date:          2023-12-27 17:44:00

Event ID:      6062

Task Category: None

Level:         Warning

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      DESKTOP-A0NEGMA

Description:

6062 - Lso was triggered

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Netwtw10" />

<EventID Qualifiers="32768">6062</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-12-28T00:44:00.8164032Z" />

<EventRecordID>25857</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="120" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-A0NEGMA</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>\Device\NDMP1</Data>

<Data>Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz</Data>

<Binary>000000000200300000000000AE170080000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

What this error message mean and can anything be done to possibly fix this issue.

I should mention that I am no advanced user or it proffenol user.

I do not feel comfortable playing around in the registry at all.

Thanks

0 Kudos
25 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello funky123,

Thank you for reaching out to the Intel® communities. We are here to assist you with your concerns.

To better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

1. Could you confirm whether the wireless card in question is the original one that came pre-installed on your system, or if it has been replaced previously? This clarification is essential for us to proceed with the troubleshooting process.
  2. Please describe the primary issue you are currently facing with your computer or wireless card, and outline the steps you have taken thus far to address the problem. Given the variety of troubleshooting steps you've already undertaken and the various issues discussed, having a clear overview of the specific wireless card issue is crucial.

We appreciate the effort you've put into resolving the matter, and we want to ensure we have a comprehensive understanding of the situation.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
funky123
Beginner

hI if you are talking about going into the device manager.  I then clicked on Network Adapters

the first thing under Network adapters is

Intel Wi-Fi 6 

provider is: Intel

Date of driver: 2023 - 08 -07 AX201 160 MHZ

Driver Version: 22.250.1.2

Download Type

Driver

File Name

Intel-AX411-AX211-AX210-AX201-AX200-9560-9462-9260-7265-3165_JW544_WIN_22.250.10.1_A50_01.EXE

The current problem I am having is that I did not now this until yesterday when I was doing a burn in with a problem called Aida64 extreme.  I had to disable Memory integrity in windows security.  I did not get done the test with the program because the burn in test was good until my laptop unexpectely shutdown.  I Then uninstalled the following program and then I went into windows security and went into device security and then I clicked on core isolation under their I discovered that Memory integrity was off and when I pushed the button to scan a security window  came up asking if I wanted to allow this so I pushed yes this is just the security warning from windows.  So then the scan started for a minute.  Then the scan stopped and under that it said review incompatible drivers.  So I clicked on that and in the next windows their was no incompatible drivers to review.

The above program was suggested from one of your technications at intel.  I would like to get my windows security issue fixed right away though.

was created with a window with no incompatible drivers at all.  I have some screen shots.

I had to disable Memory integrity because the over clocking test in this program would not complete a warning came up saying that the test could not be completed because Aida64 was in hyper v vertalizion or sandbox So I should disable hyper v in order to get a accurate reading of the test.

Thanks

The Aida64 extreme is completely uninstalled now though.

Thanks

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello funky123,

Thank you for your reply.

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello funky123,

Thank you for your reply.

Memory integrity is a virtualization-based security feature that is available on Windows 10, Windows 11, and Windows Server 2016 or higher. It is a part of the Core Isolation feature that provides an extra layer of protection against malware and other attacks by isolating critical processes and memory allocations. Memory integrity is turned on by default on clean installs of Windows 11 and on compatible hardware, as described in Microsoft's documentation. However, it is disabled by default on PCs that have upgraded to the April 2018 update of Windows 10.

To enable or disable memory integrity, you can go to Windows Security settings and navigate to the "Core Isolation" section. Keep in mind that enabling memory integrity can have some performance impacts, especially on older machines. Some applications and hardware device drivers may also be incompatible with memory integrity, which can cause compatibility issues and system malfunctions in rare cases.

Keep in mind that enabling Memory Integrity can have some performance impacts, especially on older machines. Some applications and hardware device drivers may also be incompatible with Memory Integrity, which can cause compatibility issues and system malfunctions in rare cases.

To know if memory integrity can be enabled on the system, it is highly recommended to contact the original equipment manufacturer(OEM) and the Microsoft Support team to see if it is compatible.

In this case, based on the behavior it is unlikely related to the wireless card, please check with Microsoft support for more questions about memory integrity and OEM regarding the shutdowns this could indicate maybe overheating or hardware issues, and as this is a laptop OEM should be able to diagnose any issues.

Since the thread is now under Microsoft scope, we will proceed to close it. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
funky123
Beginner

Thanks guys for the help and your helpful information.  I chatted with Microsoft by live chat they have recommend for me to do an in place upgrade to fix this issue.  Thanks again.  I Appreciate the help with this matter.

0 Kudos