I have a Intel dual band wireless-ac 8265 in my desktop which is now as of writing this a year old. It started dropping the internet a couple of weeks ago and I would run the troubleshooter said "default gateway not available" I thought i fixed the problem with uninstalling it restarting my computer and reinstalling it which then made a bunch of updates happen. Now though it still disconnecting but say that "problem with wireless adapter or access point". I have no idea what what is going on and it is stressing me out. What in the heck can I do to fix this and stay online?
Also I can't do a Ethernet connection because of how my apartment is laid out so that isn't an option.
- Try how it work on the second band. This adapter may work on 2.4GHz and 5GHz band.
- Check if Bluetooth is working good. Bluetooth uses 2.4GHz band (together with WiFi).
- Check if both antennas cables are firmly connected.
- Install the latest Bluetooth driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29004/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?product=9415...
- Next, install the latest Wireless Driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29003/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters...