Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Mysterious WiMax 6250 Device Cannot Find Driver

HopWorks
Beginner
I have an older Toshiba laptop - Satelite M645-S4070 part number PSMPBU-00R01R running Windows 10 Pro Build 18363. I have an Intel Centrino Advanced-N+WiMax 6250 device in my device manager that is listed as OTHER that has no driver available. I still have wireless and lan capabilities because I also have it listed as ok under my network adapters as Intel Centrino Advanced-N+WiMax 6250 AGN along with numerous other devices. I tried the Intel Driver and Support Assistant and all I got back was one driver needed for memory and storage tool. Under network and I/O, everything looks fine... NETWORKING AND I/O Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6250 AGN Npcap Loopback Adapter VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet1 VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet8 I am trying to get bluetooth to work and I suspect that is part of my 'OTHER' device issues. How can I fix this? Hardware IDs for the 'OTHER' WiMax device is USB\VID_8086&PID_0186&REV_0000 USB\VID_8086&PID_0186 Let me know if I need to include more. Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You need a driver that, due to this adapter being discontinued, is no longer available on the Intel site. Luckily, I made a backup. I will send you an IM with download instructions.

...S

View solution in original post

18 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You need a driver that, due to this adapter being discontinued, is no longer available on the Intel site. Luckily, I made a backup. I will send you an IM with download instructions.

...S

FrankA
Novice

Hello, 

I am looking for " Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N + WiMax 6250 " driver and I was not able to find it on the internet, Can you help me out.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I am sending you download instructions via IM.

...S

0 Kudos
FrankA
Novice

Thank you, but where I can find IM, Sorry for my question I am new to this chat 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Click on the little mailbox icon on the community banner. It should have a little red circle on it indicating message(s) waiting.

...S

VicenteR
Beginner

Hi, Scott, can you share the driver to me...

0 Kudos
tfc002
Beginner

Any chance i could have the file please

0 Kudos
Huichol69
Beginner

I have problem with,  " Intrel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N + WiMax 6250 " driver can you helpme Scott, please.

0 Kudos
Arkangel
Beginner

Scott, any chance I can also get that wi-max driver from you?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Lilbea
Beginner

Hi Scott, could you share this drive with me please? My laptop is running an Windows 10 x64 version. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Lilbea,

Check your Private Message inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the Communities blue banner) and select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 163rd person to ask for drivers since Jan. 6th.

n_scott_pearson
Super User

I will send you link via PM. I am presuming you need just Windows 10 x64 version?

...S

Kugonza
Beginner

Hi, i have the same problem.

I have a HP Pavilion with an " Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N + WiMax 6250 " driver and I was not able to find it on the internet, How can i be assisted?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I will send you link via PM. I am presuming you need just Windows 10 x64 version?

...S

n_scott_pearson
Super User

...S

FranOK
Beginner

Hi Scott, any chance I can also get that wi-max driver from you?

I have exactly the same problem!!

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
FranOK
Beginner

Windows 10 x64 version

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I am sending you a private message; check your messages.

...S

0 Kudos